my ron polk theory

Jun 4, 2007
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">ron polk is an enigma, wrapped in a puzzled, covered in apathy sauce.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">he loves the game of baseball.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> such to the extent that he wrote a book, refused to even date so he could focus on the game, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>and is passionate about verbally fighting the ncaa on a constant basis.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> he wants the game to grow so much, yet he won't even do what's best to for the only portion of college baseball that he actually has control over.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> he has the option to grow the msu baseball program or to step aside, and he does neither.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> what does that say about him?</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">the one thing he obviously wants in life is for the ncaa to take note and say "hey, this ron polk guy is right.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> we aren't treating baseball fairly."<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> well, how will that ever happen if we constantly host regionals and go to the college world series every 2 or 3 years?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> it won't.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> why would they want to help or listen to a guy that is having success?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> if someone constantly sent you letters and complained about being treated unfairly, yet they were still able to be successful, why would you ever want to help them out?</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">i think this explains polk's attitude towards his own team.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> he knows that the more success he has, the more foolish he looks when he complains about the lack of scholarships.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> he knows that he can't have it both ways, so he has to choose which battle to fight.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> it sure isn't the one on the diamond.

he said that the new rule changes will be "the death blow to college baseball". he has to prove it to be true, and he is starting in starkville.</span></p>

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...but I doubt he thinks it through that much. Most old, lazy people don't. He's simply chosen to spend his dwindling amount of energy on fighting the NCAA instead of recruiting and building MSU's program. Besides all that, Ole Miss has been a successful program, and no matter how low he keeps our program, their success, under the same circumstances, defeats his argument.

No, I think he sees his purpose as to be the martyr for college baseball, and that he should fight the NCAA as much as possible. And MSU baseball is both his hobby and his platform.

G

Goat Holder

You are thinking too much about this. Just like when people were trying to rationalize Mike Henig, when the fact was that he just sucks.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
<span class="post-title">"My theory is that he sucks"

That's apt to change in 5 minutes.

</span>

G

Goat Holder

and start worrying more about the pictures you post. The last few have been lacking.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login