My take on Dan Mullen…

Lucky Dawg

Oct 8, 2012
Great article, Rick, as usual. One correction - 2014 was Dak’s jr year. 2015 he morphed into the elite passer we know today.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks, Rick, good stuff! One more correction. For Dan Mullen, in my opinion those greener pastures were mighty green--to the tune of a $12MM payout green!

Dog316

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks, Rick, good stuff! One more correction. For Dan Mullen, in my opinion those greener pastures were mighty green--to the tune of a $12MM payout green!

Rick mentioned that State offered to match the Florida salary so while the green money was the same; the green pastures were not.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He could do at VA Tech what he did at MSU but get to the ACC championship game. Their fans would love him and he would be treated like he was when he was at MSU.

was21

May 29, 2007
I don't personally know Dan Mullen. Nevertheless, doubt if he has any regrets about leaving State for the Florida job. It wasn't the money, it was a driven ego. He had a right to pursue a dream...still does, whatever it is, but maybe he doesn't know what it is. Rumors abound about the NFL. He may want an NFL job, but one has to be offered first. If he still wants to stay in the college game, agree that Va Tech would seem to be a good fit for him.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
This comment is not directed at anyone. The greenest part of the pasture is usually due to a pile of flop on the ground under the green. The cows won't touch it.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
He could do at VA Tech what he did at MSU but get to the ACC championship game. Their fans would love him and he would be treated like he was when he was at MSU.

He should strongly consider VA Tech, especially since UMass is no longer open.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
This comment is not directed at anyone. The greenest part of the pasture is usually due to a pile of flop on the ground under the green. The cows won't touch it.

There was a Hollywood movie some years ago (I think it starred Carol Burnett) entitled: "The grass is always greener over the septic tank." I think that title appropriately applies to the Don Merlinz/UF situation.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login