My wife has never forgiven me for moving from the Wyoming/Montana boarder

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Rip was probably hittin' it. Now she probably stuck with on of Bill Clinton's illegitimate kids.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Actually not as bad as you think.

Those spring snow storms though....

^^This... Mostly.

Buffalo WY is on the east side of the continental divide. It gets colder there than the west side side where I live, so I can't say for sure if the late snows or the bitter cold are worse.

We have cold lows, but it warms up during the day. The lowest daily high we have had since 2020 is 17°. I spent 3 days in Omaha last February and never saw a temp above 0. Those Alberta clippers are a cold ***** and they stay in the east side of the divide. So while it's not bone chilling cold here, we just get way more snow where I am (161" for calendar year 2021.)

The late spring snow sucks. Nobody has their winter tires on. Snowblowers are summerized. It sucks. My kid had a baseball game cancelled from snow in mid May. Our high school baseball team had zero home games this year. Hell Montana doesn't even have high school baseball.

We got our last snow (didn't stick) on June 14th. That **** is way worse than the cold to me. I love the snow, but not after 2 months of 60°+ spring weather.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
^^This... Mostly.

Buffalo WY is on the east side of the continental divide. It gets colder there than the west side side where I live, so I can't say for sure if the late snows or the bitter cold are worse.

We have cold lows, but it warms up during the day. The lowest daily high we have had since 2020 is 17°. I spent 3 days in Omaha last February and never saw a temp above 0. Those Alberta clippers are a cold ***** and they stay in the east side of the divide. So while it's not bone chilling cold here, we just get way more snow where I am (161" for calendar year 2021.)

The late spring snow sucks. Nobody has their winter tires on. Snowblowers are summerized. It sucks. My kid had a baseball game cancelled from snow in mid May. Our high school baseball team had zero home games this year. Hell Montana doesn't even have high school baseball.

We got our last snow (didn't stick) on June 14th. That **** is way worse than the cold to me. I love the snow, but not after 2 months of 60°+ spring weather.
Nope. Don’t like that.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Nope. Don’t like that.

I thought about you the other day. Went on a rafting trip for a few days and we camped on beaches every nigh. Had sand in my *** crack for 3 straight days. Couldn't get it out with a pressure washer. Had to get home and use some specialty devices I had laying around... What's your pro tip for *** crack sand removal beach man?

The great thing about getting snow in your *** crack is only stays for about 15 seconds and it magically disappears.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I thought about you the other day. Went on a rafting trip for a few days and we camped on beaches every nigh. Had sand in my *** crack for 3 straight days. Couldn't get it out with a pressure washer. Had to get home and use some specialty devices I had laying around... What's your pro tip for *** crack sand removal beach man?

The great thing about getting snow in your *** crack is only stays for about 15 seconds and it magically disappears.
Baby powder.

Col. Forbin

Oct 2, 2012
I’ll remember that next week. I maybe be able to fit my sticks in the car. Tiger Point calls….

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’ll remember that next week. I maybe be able to fit my sticks in the car. Tiger Point calls….
Just go after 12. Price drops from 82 to 59. The clubhouse is a full on bar now. The bathrooms between 7 and 8 is a tiki bar now. The greens still need work but they are getting better.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Funny thing. Wives rarely ever forgive anything. They keep a mental ledger of all of our screw ups to bring up occasionally.

31 years and counting. Get used to it brotha.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
To me, Wyoming is an absolute paradise. However, it is a place that people would either love or hate. If hunting, trout fishing, hiking, and the outdoors in general are your thing you would probably love it, at least most of the year. Winters are hard. If you are more inclined to the indoors and lifestyle of larger cities, you would not be happy. Really small towns, great people, tough as nails, and simple living. Not many amenities in most areas. I would love to live in Wyoming or Montana but it’s not going to happen. However, we visit the area at least once a year and sometimes twice. I have made enough trips to Wyoming that I can pretty much leave home in Mississippi and arrive almost anywhere in Wyoming without ever looking at a map or my phone. Two trips last year, a little trout fishing in Yellowstone on the first trip and then right back out there 6 weeks later for an antelope hunt in the Eastern part of the State. This year we will be leaving here headed to Jackson Hole in 38 days for 10 days in the mountains chasing elk. We have a mule deer hunt booked for next year. I absolutely love it. Most people are familiar with Jackson Hole and I still enjoy visiting there and using it for access to the mountains, however The Jackson Hole area, while lots of fun, is not really representative of life in Wyoming. Jackson Hole is kind of the western version of Gatlinburg. It’s a tourist town that serves as the gateway to the Tetons, Yellowstone, and the backcountry. It has grown a lot over the last 40 years and I now prefer Cody to Jackson Hole. Cody is still pretty much a true western town. Jeremiah Johnson is actually buried in Cody. The Buffalo Bill Museum is in Cody. It is home to numerous exhibits and over 7,000 guns. I have been there 4 times and haven’t seen half of it yet. Cody has 9,000 residents and 14 gun shops. My kind of town. Last year on the antelope hunt, we stayed at a Ranch just outside the thriving metropolis of Shawnee, Wyoming. Population 7. They shop in Casper and that’s probably close to a 2 hour drive. The eastern part of the State has its own kind of. Beauty with the mostly open rolling grass lands home to cattle ranches plus lots of deer and antelope. Afton Wyoming about an hour South of Jackson has a couple thousand residents and SIX taxidermist. Forgive my rambling but it’s just a great State and I love talking about it. Life takes some funny twist and turns. By the time I made my first trip out there I was married, had started a career, had house payments, car payments, and the other usual responsibilities of life. I was blown away by what I saw and often wondered what path I might have followed if I had seen all of that a few years earlier in life. If you have never been out there on vacation, don’t go through life without getting there. Enough rambling for one evening, thanks for indulging me for a few minutes.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
Spent a year in Williston, ND. During the winter of 2007, we had two periods of 10 days to 2 weeks when the temp did not get up to zero. But in July, saw several days when the high was 110, but with 10% humidity, neither the lows nor the highs were as bad as someone used to Mississippi weather would think. In February, 2008, I saw the temp drop 75 degrees in about 6 hours (from 45 t0 -30). Couldn't help thinking, "If this happened in Mississippi, the sky would explode."

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Doin that lady wrong man. Arkansas.

I assume you are kidding. But if you are looking to move but can't move to Wyoming, NW Arkansas is nice. Only negative is you have to become a Razorback fan or catch hell often... but anyways NWA is a nice place to live.

baddawggy

Jun 12, 2018
This story has a good ending. I recently bought her a side of a mountain in Yellville ark (NOT YELLOWSTONE BY ANY MEANS but nice) and promised to build a house there on top. She still wants to go back to Wyoming but will settle for that. Happy wife happy life.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
This story has a good ending. I recently bought her a side of a mountain in Yellville ark (NOT YELLOWSTONE BY ANY MEANS but nice) and promised to build a house there on top. She still wants to go back to Wyoming but will settle for that. Happy wife happy life.

"Happy wife, happy life" is a saying created by a woman. It should be, "the poon ain't worth it but a little while!"

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login