NAFOOM oddly quiet on the Kiffin to Vikings rumors

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Is this even a legit rumor? I’m not seeing much on Twitter other than random people saying it. No one with a check mark by their name.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Kiffin isn't a pro coach. Never was. Never will be. Not his style.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I hate to tell everyone, but Lane Kiffen will be the head football coach at the University of Mississippi next year. And the year after.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Kiffin is making $7.5 million in Oxford. Zimmer was paid $5 million by the Vikes. Oxford is a pretty cool place. Does he want to make less and hate winter?

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The only way he leaves Oxford is most likely by being fired. Nobody who would pay him more than Ole Miss is ever likely to hire him.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I don’t think this is any more than maybe his agent maybe floating his name out there to see what interest may be out there in the NFL. Kiffin didn’t draw any interest when any of the “Good” college jobs came open. I don’t even think the Vikings have a GM right now.

Hellsyeah

May 22, 2013
They brought it up on Head to Head yesterday and either Cross or Borkey said that the only people talking about this are OM people. They are just building it up so they can say that he chose to stay with them over going to the NFL

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Is this even a legit rumor? I’m not seeing much on Twitter other than random people saying it. No one with a check mark by their name.

No, it's not legit at all. I have a better chance of getting that job than Kiffin.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Kiffin is making $7.5 million in Oxford. Zimmer was paid $5 million by the Vikes. Oxford is a pretty cool place. Does he want to make less and hate winter?

A number of NFL owners have said that college coaches should be paid more than NFL coaches because college coaching is a harder job.

I think it was Jerry Jones that said in addition to the stress of recruiting, as a college coach, you’re basically the CEO of the organization, but in the NFL the coach is not the CEO, “I am”.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I just don't see grown *** men listening to him.
He'd be a great NFL coach. He's not a micromanager and knows offense. Quiet leader. NFL players will listen if you're competent at coaching.

I think his problem in college is recruiting, although I don't think he's terrible at it. Just not elite.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
It lasts longer, it's colder and it limits outdoor activities. You have to adapt with more, thicker clothes, winterize cars, etc. People who live in Minnesota spend more time indoors during the winter months than those who live in the South. Rich people in the North often spend winters in the South. Rich people in the South rarely go North to ride out the winter. They might go briefly to see snow or to ski

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Kiffin has a 24yo smoke show for a girlfriend in oxford...

Why do you hate to tell us that? Are we supposed to be worried?

he has a 24yo gf that is playmate material.....and is the daughter of a physician in oxford.....he is also making 7.5M.....i doubt he is going anywhere unless she has pointy elbows or he's just not that in to her...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kiffen will be there until they fire him or he gets hired on as an assistant coach in the NFL. He has peaked as far as college football goes. I just can't see one of the blueblood programs hiring him at least not right now and probably not ever.

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016
I could see Kiffin to NFL, before I could see Kiffin to another NCAA school. There is a trend in the NFL towards hiring young offensive minded coaches. Also his dad is well respected and well connected in the NFL. There are probably a lot of GMs and people behind the scenes who have known Lame Kiffin a very long time. To be honest, I fully expect his next stop after Oxford to be on the NFL. Don’t know I see it happening this year, but having said that there a lot of job openings right now.

was21

May 29, 2007
Many people in the south spend more time indoors during the summer and more time outside in the winter...including me

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

It would take that kind of money for me to live there. Oxfart is a turd.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login