Nakai Poole and Will James bolting

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
From this program too. Maybe we can get them back but I could see us losing what little talent we have. Complete rebuild

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I put myself in their place and at this point not knowing what's going to happen, I'd open up my options again too.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
From this program too. Maybe we can get them back but I could see us losing what little talent we have. Complete rebuild
I think the ones to watch are the skill players Leach recruited, who were told we weren’t changing things up much on offense. Along with Albert Reese who oddly could not find his way onto the field.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Ole miss claiming a good player is about to enter the portal that they have targeted. Zavion ?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I hate losing players just because it looks bad, but I try to remind myself next year was going to be a complete rebuild anyway. I'll take my chances with a new head coach instead of where we were headed.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Guys, let's save the unhinged fragility over portal moves to the emotionally crippled folks over at Jeans.

We're gonna lose guys in the portal. We're gonna get a new coach. We're gonna get guys from the portal. We're gonna be alright.

Don't be that guy.

bigmixx72

Nov 15, 2023
Yeah you hate to lose players but it’s the nature of the beast. It’s free agency at The end of every season now. We’ll be ok

Reactions: Darryl Steight

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
What makes it interesting is it’s a two way street. prospective new coach studies the roster as a factor taking the job, and I would imagine our players decide to stay or not partially based on what scheme the new coach runs. hopefully the next coach throws the ball a good amount.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
What makes it interesting is it’s a two way street. prospective new coach studies the roster as a factor taking the job, and I would imagine our players decide to stay or not partially based on what scheme the new coach runs. hopefully the next coach throws the ball a good amount.
Not many coaches are choosing to take a job because of certain players on the roster. They're more looking at how easy/difficult it is to recruit certain players to the roster.

I don't want a coach who takes a job based on the current roster. That's like keeping a coach to save a recruiting class. It's very short sighted.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Guys, let's save the unhinged fragility over portal moves to the emotionally crippled folks over at Jeans.

We're gonna lose guys in the portal. We're gonna get a new coach. We're gonna get guys from the portal. We're gonna be alright.

Don't be that guy.
Yep, I’ve never been less concerned with a rebuild than with the current landscape. It can be done in 1-2 years if you have a coach that knows what he wants to do, puts a good staff around him, and is a good evaluator of talent

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Just let it all play out and the ones that want to be there will stay.
If they think its best for them to jump, deuces.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Y’all are gonna have a stroke if you get worked up about a player entering the portal. It’s just how things work now. Don’t get attached to any player. Will it suck if a good player leaves. Yep but it’s on the new coach to figure it out

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Entering the portal, not saying our school name during NFL broadcast.

IT'S A.......FAMILY TRADITION!!!!!!

hank williams jr football GIF

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login