Nashville is getting a Dome...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
But where they gonna build? Current location is nice right next to river and easy access to bars etc

Maybe between Korean Veterans and I-24 based on this paragraph from the story?

The 1.7-million-square-foot stadium will have a dome, making it possible to host a Super Bowl and other major events year-round. It will be located east of Nissan Stadium along the East Bank.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Hopefully they start doing some sustainability designs for these stadiums rather than abandoning one and building another. Hopefully the old one is imploded and the put a park there or something

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It's going in the parking lots East of the current stadium. If you're coming for a game from out of town, look for someone you know's place to crash at. Hotel taxes are being raised to fund it.
Sigh. And Nashville hotel rates are already...

Too Damn High Rent GIF

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Cool. I was wondering just a few days ago when they'd replace Nissan Stadium (I think that's still the name). Nashville is a booming city, much like Austin. Having a dome will really improve things. We were there for our bowl game with Wake Forest a few years ago and almost froze. Plus, it's only about 100 miles away - less than two hours.

Brew_Dawg

Jun 29, 2018
The interesting thing is that the team has agreed to take on any construction overages, but the designs haven't been finalized. I guess that's why they're also aiming for a '26 opening. I'm curious how they came to that number considering that there's a lot of development that's being included in that isn't stadium related. I would love to be part of that design team, but I think they went outside of Nashville for an architect.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It's going in the parking lots East of the current stadium. If you're coming for a game from out of town, look for someone you know's place to crash at. Hotel taxes are being raised to fund it.
This is what I was about to say.
I’m not sure people will be able to afford our hotels if they’re raising prices even more. They’re outrageously high already.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
The interesting thing is that the team has agreed to take on any construction overages, but the designs haven't been finalized. I guess that's why they're also aiming for a '26 opening. I'm curious how they came to that number considering that there's a lot of development that's being included in that isn't stadium related. I would love to be part of that design team, but I think they went outside of Nashville for an architect.
The whole East Bank is going to be transformed by the mid 30's with the Oracle campus and city redevelopment plan. I hope I hand around long enough to see it, but I'd bet that recycling junk yard will still be there.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The whole East Bank is going to be transformed by the mid 30's with the Oracle campus and city redevelopment plan. I hope I hand around long enough to see it, but I'd bet that recycling junk yard will still be there.
Oracle is putting in over there? Interesting didn't know that

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is what I was about to say.
I’m not sure people will be able to afford our hotels if they’re raising prices even more. They’re outrageously high already.
Only going to get worse for at least a couple of years.
Found that staying in Airbnb is cheaper than staying in most hotels

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Domes are absolutely the way to go.

- Can be used 365 days a year.
- Puts you in play for Super Bowls & CFB Playoffs.
- Provides Nashville a premium concert venue which makes sense considering it's Music City

The biggest stadium mistake in the history of stadium mistakes was the Jets/Giants stadium in NJ not being a dome. The inability of NYC to not be able to host indoor Super Bowls, CFB Playoff, Final 4s, etc is a hole in our country's sport landscape.

Anon1662980443

Sep 12, 2022
this is good news for nashville as they will probably get a super bowl, ncaa men's and women's final 4 and a wrestlemania within a few years of the new staduim being open

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If I read that correctly the deal still has to be approved by the city council. The way it was worded made it sound like that isn't just a formality.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Domes are absolutely the way to go.

- Can be used 365 days a year.
- Puts you in play for Super Bowls & CFB Playoffs.
- Provides Nashville a premium concert venue which makes sense considering it's Music City

The biggest stadium mistake in the history of stadium mistakes was the Jets/Giants stadium in NJ not being a dome. The inability of NYC to not be able to host indoor Super Bowls, CFB Playoff, Final 4s, etc is a hole in our country's sport landscape.
Way better than open air stadiums. I think open air football stadiums essentially cannot be good investments for a city. Just too few games and too many limitations on non-game activities like concerts. If you have a Dome, you can get concerts, can convert to basketball facilities (although that's rarely a great venue).

Still, not sure how great a Dome football stadium is. Still a large facilities for which a lot of concerts won't make sense and just not that many football games to go around.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
If I read that correctly the deal still has to be approved by the city council. The way it was worded made it sound like that isn't just a formality.
It’ll get passed. The Nashville city council hasn’t ever seen anything they didn’t want to do. Money is of no consequence to them.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
AirBnB is a great option in Nashville. Did it back in the winter on a weekend trip. We stayed about a block away from the new soccer stadium.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
It’ll get passed. The Nashville city council hasn’t ever seen anything they didn’t want to do. Money is of no consequence to them.
The mayor said on sports radio this afternoon he has the votes to get it passed.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Will they tear down the old one? I know Vandy announced a big stadium project. Maybe they should move into Nissan Stadium. That’s a lot more empty seats I suppose.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Nissan will be torn down. It has structural issues. It was going to cost over $600M to get it right, hence the new stadium

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
AirBnB used to be cheaper in Nashville 5-6 years ago and I could get good places to stay but then their rates changed & I considered hotels to be the better buy.

Looks like I’ll be going back to AirBnB or staying at a hotel near the airport.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login