Nate Oats shoves Missouri player

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Remember when we played them in Tuscaloosa last year, and they ejected him from the game?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Big 17ing deal. Puss ref wasn't doing anything about it so the coach moved the player back.
He was acting like a prick and if the player had retaliated all hell would have broken loose. Pus move to push somebody counting on the refs and a power imbalance to protect you. He should be suspended if for no other reason than to try to avoid a coach getting his as kicked in the future.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
He was acting like a prick and if the player had retaliated all hell would have broken loose. Pus move to push somebody counting on the refs and a power imbalance to protect you. He should be suspended if for no other reason than to try to avoid a coach getting his as kicked in the future.
The player wasn't "counting " on anything and the ref wasn't doing enough. Quit making more out of it than it is.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
The player wasn't "counting " on anything and the ref wasn't doing enough. Quit making more out of it than it is.

When did we decide a basketball official should also be a boxing ref? He shouldn't be expected to stop 6'10" dudes from throwing hands.

If those players can't control themselves to the point they want to scrap.. then I say let'em brawl, hand out the suspensions and play the next game(s) with whoever had the good sense to stay out of it.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
When did we decide a basketball official should also be a boxing ref? He shouldn't be expected to stop 6'10" dudes from throwing hands.

If those players can't control themselves to the point they want to scrap.. then I say let'em brawl, hand out the suspensions and play the next game(s) with whoever had the good sense to stay out of it.
Or, adopt hockey rules ***

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012

So the coach should be suspended for stepping in and refs should stay out of it? Gotcha

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
So the coach should be suspended for stepping in and refs should stay out of it? Gotcha
I'm not sure what the answer is.. I just don't think it's solely the referee's responsibility to stop fights on the court.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Chris Jans does the exact same thing to a Kentucky player tonight, all of y’all will be saying the UK player deserved it for being in our bench area. To me, it’s much ado about nothing. He didn’t really shove him, he moved him away from the bench area. The little wave of his hand afterward wasn’t necessary and could be seen as inflammatory, which could’ve drawn a tech.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
If Oats shoved a state player Saturday I would be pissed. Jans would have been pissed. Not a huge deal but you put your hands on another man like that the coach/player relationship goes out the window. Player would have shoved him back or popped him be a lot of pearl clutching and name calling from a certain contingent

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
refs or coaches or any nonplayer should never break up any fight in any sport - let them police themselves, look at the video, then toss their asses out plus 3 game suspension and $100K fine

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login