National Championship coaches

J

JR

Guest
and by the way since Dawgstudent replied to me, I think that means you can reply now with immunity, since I doubt the General will banning Dawgstudent.

Now on to the debate
Billy Donovan (the Florida coach since I am too lazy to look up the correct spelling) has now won two National championships.
Would he be in the same category as Bobby Knight and Coach K? I think they have each only won 3, although I am not sure about Coach K. Would Donovan be the third guy on the list of active Head coaches?
Or hell would he be 4th because Summitt at UT is 1st with 8 national championships?
Or does the fact that Summitt coaches people without the Y chromosome make her accoplishments less important?
Yeah, Yeah I know no Mens basketball team would ever be effectively coached by a women, because of the whole man/woman thing. But does that make Summitt less a genious? Less a relentless recruiter?
Or if you put her in a mansuit and replaced Pearl with her, UT would be kicking UNC, Duke etal butt on regular basis?
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four