Navontinque (sp?) Strong from LSU

Sep 11, 2019
I was thinking about this the other day when I heard the news and with Brule transferring, it got me wondering again. Would we go after Strong from LSU in the transfer portal or did he burn all his bridges back to Starkville with his last minute flip last year?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I'd take him. It's not that dissimilar from how Brule ended up here anyway.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
We do not need linebackers. OT, a good C maybe DL and possibly DB. We are looking good at LB

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I was thinking about this the other day when I heard the news and with Brule transferring, it got me wondering again. Would we go after Strong from LSU in the transfer portal or did he burn all his bridges back to Starkville with his last minute flip last year?

We are deep at LB and he probably burned the bridge anyway.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We are deep at LB and he probably burned the bridge anyway.

I dont keep up with recruiting enough to even know what this guy did to have burned a bridge. But I would hope our coaches like to win enough to swallow their pride and bring a guy in if he can help. Just my opinion, I know it probably won’t be a popular one.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
We have 3 good returning starters, 3 very good RS freshmen that will probly push those starters and 3 real good croots coming in. If we need him they will look into it I am sure but I figure they are busy looking for tackles and centers in the portal. And I sm not sure about our DL but we might be thin there. We have some areas of need thst are pretty important.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Strong missed his shot and couldnt touch the field at LSU in a defense that was nothing special. He's not a HS guy with 4 years either. We'll be ok.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
No. We’re likely signing 4 hs guys and have 3 starters returning. Plus, he ain’t good.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I'll echo others. LINEMEN. Anybody else we get from the portal or JUCO better be an incredible talent that you can't turn down.

Maybe a Safety or 2 I guess, but surely by now we have a couple of younger guys who are ready to step up and play there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login