NCAA beach volleyball

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
I feel like there should be 2 volleyball seasons in NCAA one in the fall like it already is and then one in the spring but it should be played in the sand so it would be just like having beach volleyball on campus. I’d be down for that!

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I feel like there should be 2 volleyball seasons in NCAA one in the fall like it already is and then one in the spring but it should be played in the sand so it would be just like having beach volleyball on campus. I’d be down for that!

We went to a beach volleyball match at USM’s campus a couple months ago, it was very cool. I’m not sure how the season works but it was one of the best parts of our visit there. We know a good player committed there for beach volleyball. I have no idea if State has a team or not but they should.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
On campus. I'd imagine they bring in the sand and the ocean, but just a guess.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

This exists right now. What you want is already here.
Indoor is in the fall and beach is in the spring.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I’ve been saying the same about womens gymnastics and Mens and womens swimming. Not sure why we don’t have those sports outside of not enough money to have those sports that don’t make money off of spectators

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Why don’t we have a beach volleyball program? Or how do we get one?

Why don't we have men's volleyball? Or women's gymnastics? Or women's field hockey?

I imagine the reasons we dont have beach volleyball are similar to Why we don't have those other sports- a mix of financial cost, conference support, infrastructure, and maybe more.

Bulldogbilly

Mar 19, 2020
They have the NCAA beach volleyball tournament every year in Gulf Shores. A great spectator event.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Daughter played at FSU a few years back. She was on decent scholarship but did not play much. Different than regulars, only 2 players per team, per game

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
To answer some of the questions here. We're very unlikely to have any more women's sports than required by Title 9 since they all lose money. Thats just the facts.

We're sure as hell not going to build a natatorium so we can have a swim team in a state that has no competitive swimming culture.

But beach volleyball is huge in North Mississippi, so I have no explanation for that huge miss by the university.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Central Arkansas has a beach volleyball. I think they essentially play in a warehouse with sand on the floor.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We already have “Leach Beach”, somebody cut down some cedar trees for posts and I’ll bring a tractor and post hole digger. How much could a net and some maroon bikinis cost?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login