NCAA football tonight

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
U Pig looks to be rolling.
Colorado is down to N D State 10 to7 still in the first.
Several games tonight.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Missouri starting strong. Up 21-0 6 minutes into the game.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Some of you may need to be reminded that anything an FBS team does against a SWAC team means absolutely nothing as to the rest of the season.

Reactions: patdog

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Justin Walley with a nice pick for Minnesota.

Anyone know the recruiting story with him? How did he end up at Minnesota?

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The other version I’ve heard is that he always wanted to go off for college. Minnesota still seems like a weird choice though but he clearly likes it there as he’s never been in portal

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
The other version I’ve heard is that he always wanted to go off for college. Minnesota still seems like a weird choice though but he clearly likes it there as he’s never been in portal
This seems the most likely story.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I blame him for the shitshow at the end of the 14 season having one leg out the door to UF.
I blame that on Dopey Dan and his inability to retain a DC. The only DC that was ride or die with Dan was Grantham, and the Dopester sh1tcanned him in an attempt to save his own skin in Gainesville.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
This is the mindset that kills us. We should never lose a kid, who’s brother is on the team, to Minnesota. Doesn’t matter what stories or narratives we are fed. Our margins are thin in terms of HS talent we can’t miss on. Walley, Blanton (the portal worked in our favor here), Dowdell, etc. are all examples of players we need to get.

This year’s class example is Lockhart from Winona. Seems we are in the driver’s seat, but we can’t miss on this guy since his brother is on the team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I blame him for the shitshow at the end of the 14 season having one leg out the door to UF.
I used to think this too, but if I'm realistic, it didn't even matter. The season's potential was lost in Tuscaloosa, and it was Danny's offense and Dak's picks that cost us the SEC and Heisman....not the defense. The Egg Bowl would have been irrelevant.

But even then, we have to acknowledge Ole Miss was a great team playing in front of a home crowd. If we can tackle that little 17er in the end zone before he broke that long run (that's execution not coaching), that game likely has a different outcome and no one cares that Collins was looking at other jobs.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is the mindset that kills us. We should never lose a kid, who’s brother is on the team, to Minnesota. Doesn’t matter what stories or narratives we are fed. Our margins are thin in terms of HS talent we can’t miss on. Walley, Blanton (the portal worked in our favor here), Dowdell, etc. are all examples of players we need to get.

This year’s class example is Lockhart from Winona. Seems we are in the driver’s seat, but we can’t miss on this guy since his brother is on the team.
Here's another "I used to...". I used to agree with this 100%, and I'd get so pissed off about it every single year. But after it happens about 15 times in a row, you start thinking that's just how it's going to be until we permanently elevate the program.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Here's another "I used to...". I used to agree with this 100%, and I'd get so pissed off about it every single year. But after it happens about 15 times in a row, you start thinking that's just how it's going to be until we permanently elevate the program.
Who is pissed? I just think fans who believe the “well this kid just wanted to go to Minnesota” are sold a bill of goods. The staff failed on getting a good player that could help us win games.

But if you’re apathetic about college football now then I guess this conversation probably doesn’t register with you.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login