NCAA may allow on-field sponsorship logos

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So how long will we be waiting for the SPS 17-yard line? **

Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Just keeps getting worse and worse. This so far from the idealistic ‘college football’ I grew up with. And yeah yeah, it’s reality, that’s fine, have to just go with it. But damn how did we screw this up this bad.

I know plenty of old men in the 90s and 00s who were obsessed with college sports. I literally almost do not care at all right now. So it’s not my age (40s by the way). It’s a fundamental shift.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Just keeps getting worse and worse. This so far from the idealistic ‘college football’ I grew up with. And yeah yeah, it’s reality, that’s fine, have to just go with it. But damn how did we screw this up this bad.

I know plenty of old men in the 90s and 00s who were obsessed with college sports. I literally almost do not care at all right now. So it’s not my age (40s by the way). It’s a fundamental shift.
Oh come on, Goat. The “Tampax was there” On Deck circle at Nusz park is going to pay for itself.***

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
The US Steel Iron Bowl
The Smirnoff Cocktail Party
The Northrup Grumman Army/Navy game
Oregon/OSU Civil War by Stihl Cainsaws
Black ‘n Mild Cigars AL/TN game
Purina Eagle Chow MSU/USM rivalry
Memphis/Tulsa, brought to you by Glock
TX/TAM, sponsored by Dept of Mental Health
Federal Commission for Medicaid Expansion Egg Bowl
Ole Miss/TN, sponsored by Sons of The Confederacy
Michigan State vs Penn State brought to you by NBC's Dateline, with Chris Hanson in the replay booth

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The US Steel Iron Bowl
The Smirnoff Cocktail Party
The Northrup Grumman Army/Navy game
Oregon/OSU Civil War by Stihl Cainsaws
Black ‘n Mild Cigars AL/TN game
Purina Eagle Chow MSU/USM rivalry
Memphis/Tulsa, brought to you by Glock
TX/TAM, sponsored by Dept of Mental Health
Federal Commission for Medicaid Expansion Egg Bowl
Ole Miss/TN, sponsored by Sons of The Confederacy
Memphis Glock got a legit LOL

#yourstillanasshole

Reactions: WrightGuy821

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We should have Hims sponsor second or third base because whether it’s fielding or base-running, you just know a boner is going to occur in one of those two places.

The field could even read “This boner brought to you by Hims.”
Blue Chew. Bonus points if Conrad gets to add his spin on the advert.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Blue Chew. Bonus points if Conrad gets to add his spin on the advert.
I swear to god, if we end up with a 'SaveWithConrad.com' logo on the infield, I will burn this place to the ground.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

1717022775696.png

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

I'm 60. I've always been obsessed with college football. I still watch, but it's going to take something to get me to go to another game, and I used to go to a lot of them. I always liked the idea that the players supposed to be having at
Least some semblance of the academic experience I did. They also mostly were there for 4 years like I was. Now.....it's just not even close to the same. I am rapidly losing that obsession and I could see even losing interest.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I'm 60. I've always been obsessed with college football. I still watch, but it's going to take something to get me to go to another game, and I used to go to a lot of them. I always liked the idea that the players supposed to be having at
Least some semblance of the academic experience I did. They also mostly were there for 4 years like I was. Now.....it's just not even close to the same. I am rapidly losing that obsession and I could see even losing interest.
“The times, they are a-changin” - Bob Dylan, circa the year you were born

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm 60 and love it, still going to go to all the games and watch it on TV. The 2023 season (overall, not MSU wise) was one of the best in memory and 2024 (12 team playoff) will be ever better. I think some of you folks are just looking for stuff to get butt hurt over.

I wouldn't turn the CFB clock back to 1980 for nuttin.'

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Would a Charmin Ultra-Soft logo in front of the visitor's bench entice you to come back? Huuuuuuh? Come on back home, L4.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Would a Charmin Ultra-Soft logo in front of the visitor's bench entice you to come back? Huuuuuuh? Come on back home, L4.
How about doing away with NIL and the portal? That might get me back. Or at least put them on contracts that have to be bought out by a team that wants them to transfer? You know, like every other pro sport treats players.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm 60 and love it, still going to go to all the games and watch it on TV. The 2023 season (overall, not MSU wise) was one of the best in memory and 2024 (12 team playoff) will be ever better. I think some of you folks are just looking for stuff to get butt hurt over.

I wouldn't turn the CFB clock back to 1980 for nuttin.'
I was with you until 2023. That shlt sucked

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I can see it now 'One Call That's All' lettered in the end zones.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Great! I’m all for the university finding another game day revenue stream so that my seat price + BDC donation can go down a little bit to allow me to contribute more to NIL on a rate equal to what my seats + BDC donation + NIL contributions were back when NIL wasn’t a thing! Sure would be nice to afford cereal again while I continue to support our athletics program.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
More like the digital boards on the ground at soccer games. Think ribbon boards but on the sidelines instead of on the stadium

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Some of you guys are like broken records on these threads. CFB has changed and it’s going to keep changing. If it’s not enjoyable to you anymore, don’t watch or talk about it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Some of you guys are like broken records on these threads. CFB has changed and it’s going to keep changing. If it’s not enjoyable to you anymore, don’t watch or talk about it.
This is a big shift that needs to be called out. The folks in charge really 17ed this up.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This is a big shift that needs to be called out. The folks in charge really 17ed this up.
Yeah I agree… leaders messed this up all along the way. It was never sustainable for college football to turn into this huge revenue monster and not share it with the players. But leaders buried their head in the sand for years and we are at this point now.

Listening to yahoo sports college football podcast and there is stuff regarding NIL in this “new agreement” that won’t ever work. NIL can continue between boosters and athletes but it has to be for actual work at a market rate. All that sounds great but impossible to enforce. If I own a business and I wanted to hire an athlete then I’d imagine me and that athlete determine “market rate”. So, nothing is going to get fixed because the NCAA is still not being realistic about this.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That is probably what is going to happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login