NCAA Tournament Thread Round 32 Day 1

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I’m surprised by the Duke / Tenn line. It’s 4.5 Duke. Rick Barnes is like 2-16 ATS in his last NCAAT games though. Guessing that’s a big part of it.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I'm really struggling as to which of those teams I hate more. I may have to pull for Duke at least for this game.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Another day of total SEC domination. Too bad they only get a few teams in and they make them play in the play in game and stuff.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
People love to hate on Barnes but he just keeps winning in spite of their hate. He has built a solid program at Tenn and the last I had saw nobody has dominated and won back to back national championships... except for maybe Kansas.

Also, in his many years of coaching, he has never been arrested for domestic violence.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
At least Tennessee won Auburn in Arkansas, are about to become sacrificial lambs for a couple of # 1 seeds.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kansas in Arkansas is turning to a really good game. It's a shame is gonna come down to Fouls since both teams are in foul trouble I've already seen one clean block called a foul against Arkansas. Now when they call another foul on him when the guy clearly walked. Poor Arkansas has to beat the Kansas factor twice today.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Why did Kansas go for two there? (16 seconds) Didn't even get 3pt attempt in their last two possessions.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why does Mussleman like taking his shirt off so much? He has a 12 year old boy’s body. You think he’d want to keep that covered up.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m not saying the regular season doesn’t matter, but really all that matters is that you do well enough to make the tournament. Once you’re in, anything can happen.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Auburns trying to be the other SEC team that knocks off a number one seed. They are really giving Houston problems.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
In a virtual home game for Auburn. That horseshìt.
That is such a slap in the face to Houston. You think the committee would’ve done Kansas or Duke that way? Making them play a nine seed in a virtual road game. Only because Houston isn’t in a Power 5 conference.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn is virtually at home, but still, Houston is a 1.
That’s my point. A 1 seed should have all the advantages. They earned it by being a 1 seed. They should not have to play a lower seeded team in a virtual road game. It’s like in 2003 when we were a 3 seed and had to play 6 seed Texas in Dallas only it’s way worse because Houston is a 1 seed and Auburn is a 9.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
That’s my point. A 1 seed should have all the advantages. They earned it by being a 1 seed. They should not have to play a lower seeded team in a virtual road game. It’s like in 2003 when we were a 3 seed and had to play 6 seed Texas in Dallas only it’s way worse because Houston is a 1 seed and Auburn is a 9.
Agreed, but true one's don't care.
To me it shows me the landscape has changed this year.
Nobody is safe.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In a virtual home game for Auburn. That horseshìt.
Don't worry about they have put Houston on the free throw line enough in the second half to catch up and take the lead since they couldn't shoot from the field. It's a game this close and this strong defensively play 22 points from the free throw line is pretty damn big. I have still never gotten the question answered no matter who is playing. Why weren't they calling these fouls in the first half? Auburn may not be able to beat Houston straight up, but they deserve better than a number eight seed and saying goodbye at this round. They're better than that.nn

They did the same thing to us in a couple of games late this year. I know that the announcers feel much better. They're so in love with Houston they need to make sure they send them something for Valentine's Day. They must have money put on Houston to win the whole thing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Don't worry about they have put Houston on the free throw line enough in the second half to catch up and take the lead since they couldn't shoot from the field. It's a game this close and this strong defensively play 22 points from the free throw line is pretty damn big. I have still never gotten the question answered no matter who is playing. Why weren't they calling these fouls in the first half? Auburn may not be able to beat Houston straight up, but they deserve better than a number eight seed and saying goodbye at this round. They're better than that.nn

They did the same thing to us in a couple of games late this year. I know that the announcers feel much better. They're so in love with Houston they need to make sure they send them something for Valentine's Day. They must have money put on Houston to win the whole thing.
I’m pulling for Houston.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

Didn’t know you were an Auburn fan. Auburn shot 36 free throws in this game to Houston’s 29. The difference is Houston made 24 while Auburn only made 19. Officials called it tight for both teams. Btw, 17 Auburn. Glad they got run out of the building in the second half.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You need to blame the people that put them at the #8 seed in this round. You can also blame them for choosing Birmingham as a host site, they could've done better like Noxapater, Mississippi.

By the way, where is the Final Four at????

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Didn’t know you were an Auburn fan. Auburn shot 36 free throws in this game to Houston’s 29. The difference is Houston made 24 while Auburn only made 19. Officials called it tight for both teams. Btw, 17 Auburn. Glad they got run out of the building in the second half.
Jesus, now I'm a 17ing Auburn fan. I gotta go call Coach Freezus. See you later.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login