Nebraska modernizing Memorial Stadium

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Nebraska, I believe is the only P5 that has "not "been to a bowl game since 2016

Edited for dumbmassery.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
And the seats that remain will be expensive.

We've traded the middle class, average Joe fan seats in the stadium, for seats on the couch in front of the TV.

I don't know if that's bad or good. You'd think that atmosphere will suffer, but I still say students may/break the atmosphere.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Nebraska, I believe is the only P5 that has been to a bowl game since 2016

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Is it physically possible for us to take out the East side upper decks? If so, we should do that but keep the clubs and boxes and then bowl in the SEZ. That wouldnt take out much seating but would add more premium seating. No one sits in those east upper decks

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Is it physically possible for us to take out the East side upper decks? If so, we should do that but keep the clubs and boxes and then bowl in the SEZ. That wouldnt take out much seating but would add more premium seating. No one sits in those east upper decks
Only away fans sit in the faculty seating areas.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Mighty ambitious for a team that's 56-64 in the last 10 seasons, with only 3 winning seasons during that span (not to mention 2-2 already this year). Reducing butts in seats and spending $450 Million quite an undertaking w/ a record like that

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Kill the seating on the upper deck and build some cantilevered shade extending out from it. If you could provide shade, legroom and butt room, I absolutely would be back in the season ticket business

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The east side upper concourse is enclosed and climate controlled. It's way nicer than the west side upper. Which the west side upper is what needs removing. Even if Cohen did just spend millions on it.

Reactions: Dawg84

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
And it was obvious ten years ago. It’s amazing to me how NFL owners realized this decades ago, but it’s take this long for college ADs to pick up the scent
No. Covid did that. We got too comfortable watching games at home and now we don’t go. Beer, food and bathrooms all without the headache along with not having tailgating setup and tear down.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Listening to BWalk on Unnecessary Roughness... they mentioned Nebraska and attendance there. I take it Nebraska has a long streak of sell outs. However the stadium is rarely full. Similar to our "sell out" this year.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
No. Covid did that. We got too comfortable watching games at home and now we don’t go. Beer, food and bathrooms all without the headache along with not having tailgating setup and tear down.
This didn’t suddenly start with Covid. Here are the nation wide averages since 2014

IMG_1339.jpeg

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
We desperately need to do something like this. I'm getting to where I kind of have Davis Wade as a stadium.

Sit on either lower level and you're on an uncomfortable bleacher thats not nearly enough room or your *** or legs. Need to go to the bathroom or get a drink some people have to walk across 30or more people.

We need chairbacks between the 30's that go to a club level. Maybe on both sides?

Upper decks could use an awning structure for shade and for bad weather.

The first 10 rows on either side are pretty terrible seats. I don't know how to fix that other than to dig out the field and lower it. Literally anyone elses stadium some of the best seats are those in the first 10 rows. Ours are awful. Fans are 30 yards away from the sidelines.

I'd be totally fine with a stadium that sat 45k and was super nice. Easy access to concessions and bathrooms. I know a complete demo of either side will never happen, but it needs to be considered. We need more isles and tunnel exits.

I've been to a bunch of stadiums, ours just isn't great anymore.

Reactions: Maroon13

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Visited Lincoln while @ CWS in Omaha back in the Summer, watched the Saltdawgs get crushed but when it got dark and they lit up that Nebraska Stadium, it was a pretty cool sight. I enjoyed Lincoln and my first time there.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I agree JB. State really needs to up grade the seating along the sideline. State needs to upgrade that entire west side badly.

Many years ago OHSt lowered their field. Then the extended seats towards the lowered field. Their sidelines are tight now. However row 1 looks to start about 10 Ft above field level and is close to the field.

Look at old pics of the Horseshoe. Looks like there is about the same space as DWS. So it would be doable.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I agree JB. State really needs to up grade the seating along the sideline. State needs to upgrade that entire west side badly.

Many years ago OHSt lowered their field. Then the extended seats towards the lowered field. Their sidelines are tight now. However row 1 looks to start about 10 Ft above field level and is close to the field.

Look at old pics of the Horseshoe. Looks like there is about the same space as DWS. So it would be doable.
We'd have to dig up Bully and all those dead injuns.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login