Need a rules change on these fake injuries

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Players going down need to be held out until a change of possession. It would cut down on douchebag coaches abusing the officials time out.
I had the exact same thought last night. What this douchebag has done is criminal.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Players going down need to be held out until a change of possession. It would cut down on douchebag coaches abusing the officials time out.
I would say until the end of a quarter or change of possession whichever happens last. Burn a OT and the employee can immediately reenter.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
If we were good enough, what they do should not matter. I hate it as much as the rest of you but until it is a penalty or a change is made it is playing smart. If we did it I would be fine with it to slow down an offense ramming it down our throat.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
A change of possession is not long enough in my opinion if they seriously want to clean it up. It usually happens when the other team is driving and gets inside the 30-35. By that time, there is only a few snaps left in the possession anyway. Sitting out until a change in possession may only be 2-3 plays. I would be in favor of a full quarter if a TO is not used.
Violate it and get a 15 yd unsportsman and ejection.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login