NET

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Our Net is 31. The only way it moves a large margin is to win at Auburn. Winning at TexasAM will move it some, but not enough to make up for a loss at auburn.

Need to make sure we get one of these last 3. But barring winning at Auburn or a deep run in the SECT, we are virtually locked in at somewhere b/t a 7-10 seed, with 8-9 being the most likely.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Our Net is 31. The only way it moves a large margin is to win at Auburn. Winning at TexasAM will move it some, but not enough to make up for a loss at auburn.

Need to make sure we get one of these last 3. But barring winning at Auburn or a deep run in the SECT, we are virtually locked in at somewhere b/t a 7-10 seed, with 8-9 being the most likely.

I think if you finish 2-1 and win a game in Nashville you’re probably a 7 seed. Anything below that, yes likely an 8 or 9.

The other thing to consider is we shouldn’t drop because of Q1 road losses as long as we are competitive. So we could lose both of the next two games and still likely be in the 8-9 seed range going into the SC game. Win either of the road games and you’re in a great spot.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I think if you finish 2-1 and win a game in Nashville you’re probably a 7 seed. Anything below that, yes likely an 8 or 9.

The other thing to consider is we shouldn’t drop because of Q1 road losses as long as we are competitive. So we could lose both of the next two games and still likely be in the 8-9 seed range going into the SC game. Win either of the road games and you’re in a great spot.
We see it the same: I just see it as one spot above you.

I think L at Aub, W, at Texas AM, W vs SC, 1-1 in SECT- We are probably an 8 seed.

Think the only way we can even consider being higher than an 8 at this point is to beat Auburn or win multiple SECT games and 1 being a highly rated opponent.

Crazy as it seems.. as strong as the pudents claim the SEC to be, we are looking like a 7 team league.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We see it the same: I just see it as one spot above you.

I think L at Aub, W, at Texas AM, W vs SC, 1-1 in SECT- We are probably an 8 seed.

Think the only way we can even consider being higher than an 8 at this point is to beat Auburn or win multiple SECT games and 1 being a highly rated opponent.

Crazy as it seems.. as strong as the pudents claim the SEC to be, we are looking like a 7 team league.

A lot of those statements about the SEC being strong were made before A&M, Ole Miss, and Georgia totally fell apart. Three weeks ago many were expecting it to be a 9 bid league. Now there’s basically no chance of that.

Reactions: HuntDawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We need to win 4 of these last 3. No other way. No negotiating losses at this point.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If we don't win 2 of the last three, we will likely need two tourney wins to get in or we probably end up in one of the play in brackets again.

While there are a lot of interesting facets to this team that may make us a dark horse - the flaws are still glaring.

But I'm there for whatever happens. Hail State!

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yes. All we need is one more win. If we lose out, probably looking at Dayton.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I hope we don't test your theory, because I would hate to see you proven wrong.

We are a borderline 7 or 8 seed right now. We’d have to fall to probably the 11 seed line to be in the “First Four”. Going 1-2 at Auburn, at A&M, and versus SC is not going to knock us back 3-4 seed lines. Not even close. We probably would stay right about where we are now.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Would really be nice if we can get to the 7 line. Very hard to get to the 2nd weekend from the 8/9 line. You would be better off falling down to a 10 seed.

Reactions: BonzoGoesToCollege

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We need to win 4 of these last 3. No other way. No negotiating losses at this point.
Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We are a borderline 7 or 8 seed right now. We’d have to fall to probably the 11 seed line to be in the “First Four”. Going 1-2 at Auburn, at A&M, and versus SC is not going to knock us back 3-4 seed lines. Not even close. We probably would stay right about where we are now.
Agree. Although I think we are a solid 8. Lunardi, who should be trusted more than most, has us an 8 before the UK loss. Going 1-2 probably puts us as a 9. With the opporunity to gain a little or lose a little going into the SECT.

Losing all 3 is where the issues begin. If we lose all 3, probably see our net fall into the 40s. We'd be on a 4 game losing streak, below 500 in conference play, and trending the wrong way. Most likely be in Dayton. We need one more win.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If we don't win 2 of the last three, we will likely need two tourney wins to get in or we probably end up in one of the play in brackets again.

While there are a lot of interesting facets to this team that may make us a dark horse - the flaws are still glaring.

But I'm there for whatever happens. Hail State!
Losing at Auburn and at A&M might move us back one seed line at most. Those are both Q1 games. We aren’t even close to Dayton. Remember, if we lose games, other teams that are already behind us are losing games too. We aren’t going to fall three or four seed lines by losing road games to Q1 teams. That’s ludicrous.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login