Netflix - Hitler and the Nazis: Evil on Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I have watched 3 episodes so far. It is pretty good except they are really trying to draw all sorts of parallels between Hitler and Trump. One "expert" was remarking how Berghof, Hitler's vacation home in Obersalzberg in the Bavarian Alps, is kinda like Mar-a-lago. Another "expert" also keeps saying how Hilter was trying to "make Germany great again". All this while the rest of the show goes over how Hilter controlled all the media, all the anti-semitic stuff and jailed his opponents. Guess the "experts" aren't watching the rest of the documentary.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I have watched 3 episodes so far. It is pretty good except they are really trying to draw all sorts of parallels between Hitler and Trump. One "expert" was remarking how Berghof, Hitler's vacation home in Obersalzberg in the Bavarian Alps, is kinda like Mar-a-lago. Another "expert" also keeps saying how Hilter was trying to "make Germany great again". All this while the rest of the show goes over how Hilter controlled all the media, all the anti-semitic stuff and jailed his opponents. Guess the "experts" aren't watching the rest of the documentary.
spot on assessment

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Sounds like every ”American Experience” documentary PBS has done in the last 8 years. Also, is anyone else picking up on all the predicted violence and anarchy chatter on the socials ? You know, the mostly peaceful kind ? I’m sure if Agent Orange wins there will be a renewed emphasis on bad cop videos that strangely lost out to trump trial coverage this term.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I'm not remotely a fan of Trump. He would have no chance of getting a vote from me if he wasn't running against one of the grumpy old men from the Muppet Show.

That said, what is significantly more frightening to me is how far those who hate him are willing to go to disparage him and to try to utterly destroy him.
It’s been very revealing. He’s quite the Rorschach.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login