New 1st Base Coach

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
If Stone is back, who will be our new first base coach?

Top Candidates- Pico? Cheese? Lemon?

Should we let fans auction to be the 1st base coach per game with all proceeds going to NIL? Could we set up a grill behind the fan? Offer brats to the opposing teams 1st baseman?

Reactions: PK Dawg

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I see a revolving door of Gartman and Pico with the occasional injured position player making spot starts.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

Should we let fans auction to be the 1st base coach per game with all proceeds going to NIL? Could we set up a grill behind the fan? Offer brats to the opposing teams 1st baseman?
Give Jay and Polk double duty and move them from the booth to the 1st base box

was21

May 29, 2007

Don' t think they allow a bucket there

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

Before I clicked I assumed someone new had torn an ACL

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
TBH I wouldn’t keep any injured pitcher that can’t pitch during the season on the roster. If Pico can’t pitch, then why should he take a roster spot?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cheese ain't giving up third, that's closer to our dugout and he can get to his hot pockets faster.

Cheese is very conservative as a 3B coach, he gives up several runs a year easy by not sending runners when every expert in our LFL box and the ones on each side of us 450' away thinks it would have been an easy run.

Some of that is sarcasterisk worthy, but some of it is the absolute truth

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Cheese is very conservative as a 3B coach, he gives up several runs a year easy by not sending runners when every expert in our LFL box and the ones on each side of us 450' away thinks it would have been an easy run.

Some of that is sarcasterisk worthy, but some of it is the absolute truth
I'm convinced his instructions to runners on 3rd is to throw a hot pocket in the mikey as soon as the last out is made.

Seriously, I do agree he is too conservative sending runners. He cost us a run during game 2 of the T5&7 series by not sending a runner who it looked to me could have easily scored. We lost that game by 2 runs.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If you cut pitchers every time they get hurt, you won't be able to recruit many guys.
TBH I wouldn’t keep any injured pitcher that can’t pitch during the season on the roster. If Pico can’t pitch, then why should he take a roster spot?

This is just another area where college baseball sucks and needs major reform, in addition to the scholarship situation and now NIL. Its true that it makes absolutely zero sense to burn those roster spots and scholarship money on guys that you know can’t play for 1-2 years.

So there should be a number of injured reserved spots allocated per team for these TJ guys. Maybe cap it at 3 injured inactive per team. Player has to be added to the list by January 1st. Once they are on the list, they can’t come off until September 1st. If they are named to the list, they cannot play in the upcoming season at all. But they also don’t count to the roster limit, or the 11.7.

Probably won’t ever happen, of course. In the mean time, our boosters, coaches, and NIL support staff need to work together with these players under the table to make way for them to be “cut”, but still be taken care of with tuition / school costs and have an avenue to return to the team when they are healthy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login