New Band of Heathens Album Out Today

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
First thing I notice is I am getting old. Pretty sure Ed Jurdi and I are the same age and he's looking old in that video. Damn.

Love BOH. Used to hang out with them a little when I lived in Austin 15 years ago. My friend played with them at Momo's and eventually became their manager. The name was from a misprint in the paper. They were originally called the Good Times Supper Club.

Still listen all the time, but their old stuff back in the day with Collin Brooks on the lap steel and the occasional pump organ in a song was fire. Collin leaving hurt. He was the grit. Ed's the talent. Gordy is the heart. Still good, but man they ruled Austin for a few years there with Collin and Seth still in the fold. Ed used to rock the **** outta the harmonica too.

If you like BOH go check out their Live at Antone's album. I was there the night they recorded it and they blew the roof of the joint.

These songs in particular were great that night:

Jackson Station
Quarters and Dimes
King of Colorado
Bumble Bee
Cornbread

Other early stuff you shouldn't sleep on:

9 Steps Down
Maple Tears
Don't Call On Me
Second Line
LA County Blues
What's This World
Gris Gris Satchel

For those who don't know, the song Hurricane is a Levon Helm cover. Bold move, but it worked out.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
First thing I notice is I am getting old. Pretty sure Ed Jurdi and I are the same age and he's looking old in that video. Damn.

Love BOH. Used to hang out with them a little when I lived in Austin 15 years ago. My friend played with them at Momo's and eventually became their manager. The name was from a misprint in the paper. They were originally called the Good Times Supper Club.

Still listen all the time, but their old stuff back in the day with Collin Brooks on the lap steel and the occasional pump organ in a song was fire. Collin leaving hurt. He was the grit. Ed's the talent. Gordy is the heart. Still good, but man they ruled Austin for a few years there with Collin and Seth still in the fold. Ed used to rock the **** outta the harmonica too.

If you like BOH go check out their Live at Antone's album. I was there the night they recorded it and they blew the roof of the joint.

These songs in particular were great that night:

Jackson Station
Quarters and Dimes
King of Colorado
Bumble Bee
Cornbread

Other early stuff you shouldn't sleep on:

9 Steps Down
Maple Tears
Don't Call On Me
Second Line
LA County Blues
What's This World
Gris Gris Satchel

For those who don't know, the song Hurricane is a Levon Helm cover. Bold move, but it worked out.

Good stuff. Live at Antone’s is a great album. You‘re doing something right if you’re on top Austin’s scene. I caught them at the Ryman a few years ago. They sat around after the show and signed whatever they could get their hands on. I’ve got a poster from that night framed in the man cave.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login