New Bracketology

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Our bracket matrix average seed is 8.5 right now. I think if we finish 2-1 and win a game in the SEC tourney, we are probably a 7 seed.

Now that’s based off the guess that we lose tomorrow. Pull off an upset on the Plains and the outlook definitely changes.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Our bracket matrix average seed is 8.5 right now. I think if we finish 2-1 and win a game in the SEC tourney, we are probably a 7 seed.

Now that’s based off the guess that we lose tomorrow. Pull off an upset on the Plains and the outlook definitely changes.
Depends who the win and loss is against in the sec tourney. If Houston is 1 overall we would be the lowest 8.

going 3-2 likely isn’t going to be enough without another big win. 8-9 seed is EXTREMELY likely. Only thing that changes this imo is losing out, beating auburn, or winning multiple sect games

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Depends who the win and loss is against in the sec tourney. If Houston is 1 overall we would be the lowest 8.

going 3-2 likely isn’t going to be enough without another big win. 8-9 seed is EXTREMELY likely. Only thing that changes this imo is losing out, beating auburn, or winning multiple sect games

In the most likely 3-2 scenario, you’ve picked up another Q1 win and two Q2 wins, and probably your two losses are at Auburn and to someone like Tennessee or Bama on a neutral court. I think that’s enough for an upward move from where we are now. And I’ve seen several bracket guys say they think we’d be a 7 seed currently, with most conservatively saying we are one of the top couple of 8 seeds.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
In the most likely 3-2 scenario, you’ve picked up another Q1 win and two Q2 wins, and probably your two losses are at Auburn and to someone like Tennessee or Bama on a neutral court. I think that’s enough for an upward move from where we are now. And I’ve seen several bracket guys say they think we’d be a 7 seed currently, with most conservatively saying we are one of the top couple of 8 seeds.

hope so 7 is a huge deal over an 8. And some of that will be how others around us do

hate to be negative Nancy but I want one more win before even looking that hard into it.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I guess I’ve been around for too long, but my past experiences tell me the Mississippi State Men’s basketball team will be damn lucky to get in the ncaa tourney. I don’t care what Lunardi or the NET say. When the selection committee meets, they some how completely forget about State.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
I guess I’ve been around for too long, but my past experiences tell me the Mississippi State Men’s basketball team will be damn lucky to get in the ncaa tourney. I don’t care what Lunardi or the NET say. When the selection committee meets, they some how completely forget about State.
🤦‍♂️

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Doubt they would place us in Memphis, but would have a decent crowd advantage there to attempt the upset.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
hope so 7 is a huge deal over an 8. And some of that will be how others around us do

hate to be negative Nancy but I want one more win before even looking that hard into it.

Most times you’d rather be a 7 but they could easily ship us to Charlotte playing UNC (as I’ve seen in several 7 seed projections for us) and that’s not much different. You know you’re not playing Tennessee or Bama before the Sweet 16 so something like that is definitely in play.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Most times you’d rather be a 7 but they could easily ship us to Charlotte playing UNC (as I’ve seen in several 7 seed projections for us) and that’s not much different. You know you’re not playing Tennessee or Bama before the Sweet 16 so something like that is definitely in play.
Still I’d take my chances as a 7. 7s win round 1 more often and 2s lose round 2 more often than 1s

didn’t think of it until now but another reason we may stay on the 8-9 line. I don’t think bama or Tenn is going to get to the 1 line. So keeping us 8-9 totally dodges the rematch in round 2 equation

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
didn’t think of it until now but another reason we may stay on the 8-9 line. I don’t think bama or Tenn is going to get to the 1 line. So keeping us 8-9 totally dodges the rematch in round 2 equation
As of today, we would not be allowed to play Bama in the second round. We could theoretically play Tennessee in the second round but I suspect they would try to avoid that.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Normally you don’t see teams from the same conference paired together in the first weekend. Only exception I can think of was the year the old Big East had like 11 teams with bids and they didn’t have much choice but to do that.

I don’t know that they really use it that often to distinguish seed lines. I mean say we are a deserving 7 seed and Bama or Tennessee is a 2, ok that’s fine, just pair a non-SEC 7 seed with Bama. There’s four of each seed, not like they lack flexibility. Same deal if we are an 8 or 9 and Tennessee is a 1.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You might as well get prepared for MSU to be in the bracket where we if would advance to we would get to play the hottest team in basketball in our next game, like Houston.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login