New Lunardi

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
New lunardi has us a 9, playing texas in Indy. Winner getting Purdue.

About as bad of a draw as it gets.
We are a bad demographic for the tourney. I won't be surprised with where we eventually end up. It is why our women's team was sent to Oregon.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We are a bad demographic for the tourney. I won't be surprised with where we eventually end up. It is why our women's team was sent to Oregon.
You mean we don't travel? I would disagree with that. Our fanbase shows up when something is on the line.

We really should have built a nice arena in the Jackson Metro area, so we could be hosting things like this. Just another in a long line of missed opportunities. Even if not in Jackson Proper. Greenville, SC can host, but we can't?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

That was a screw job because we were a 1 seed and they paired us with Oregon.

We are going to be a 7 to 10 seed most likely this year, at that point I don’t feel like you’ve earned a geographic advantage.

That said, we could end up playing in Memphis still. Against one of the top seeds potentially, but still. Memphis and Birmingham are probably the closest to Starkville we’ll ever have for an NCAAT game (B’ham not hosting games this year but they did last year).

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
In reference to the actual draw, yes that would be tough. Just beating Texas would be a tough task in its own right. And if you get past them, you have Godzilla waiting for you in the second round. Good luck with that guy, Tolu.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Being a 9 stinks. Considering the play in teams are 11 seeds. We for sure need to win one of these last two. I'm back to thinking two losses and beating Ole Miss, then losing to Tennessee or Kentucky.. leaves us out.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
In reference to the actual draw, yes that would be tough. Just beating Texas would be a tough task in its own right. And if you get past them, you have Godzilla waiting for you in the second round. Good luck with that guy, Tolu.
Yes awful draw. Actually dont see a draw for the 9 seed worse than that for us in the current projection.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yes awful draw. Actually dont see a draw for the 9 seed worse than that for us in the current projection.

It’s my number two worst case scenario. I think playing UConn in Brooklyn would be a little worse. With Purdue you at least have the possibility of them pulling a Purdue and choking yet again.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
In the 7-10 range, the best shot at us making the second weekend is being in the 8/9 game in Memphis with Houston.

7/10 playing Marquette in Indianapolis? Best of the rest
7/10 playing Iowa State in Omaha? No.
7/10 playing UNC in Charlotte? No thanks.
8/9 playing Purdue in Indianapolis? Nope.
8/9 in Brooklyn playing Connecticut? I think UConn is going to win it all.
8/9 in Salt Lake playing Arizona? Better than Indy and Brooklyn.

Those look like our seven possibilities, unless we go 2-0 this week and make Saturday in the SEC Tournament. Outside shot at a 6 in that scenario.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
That was a screw job because we were a 1 seed and they paired us with Oregon.

We are going to be a 7 to 10 seed most likely this year, at that point I don’t feel like you’ve earned a geographic advantage.

That said, we could end up playing in Memphis still. Against one of the top seeds potentially, but still. Memphis and Birmingham are probably the closest to Starkville we’ll ever have for an NCAAT game (B’ham not hosting games this year but they did last year).
That’s my view as well. I do think that the committee pays attention to geography and advantages related to it, but I don’t see them spending a ton of time worrying about where a 9 seed is going to end up in the 2nd round.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Being a 9 stinks. Considering the play in teams are 11 seeds. We for sure need to win one of these last two. I'm back to thinking two losses and beating Ole Miss, then losing to Tennessee or Kentucky.. leaves us out.
More likely Bama than Kentucky in the second round unless some craziness happens this week.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I'm not sure if that really factors in. We are a bigger school/fanbase than over half the teams in the tournament.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
More likely Bama than Kentucky in the second round unless some craziness happens this week.
Too many scenarios to play out and not sure who wins all the tiebreakers. But i think Bama goes 13-5 and Auburn goes 13-5. Wouldnt suprise me if SC went 13-5... Kentucky could throw a wrench into the entire thing as well.

LSU's path to 10-8 and the 7 seed is much easier than ours too.

Last edited:

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Too many scenarios to play out and not sure who wins all the tiebreakers. But i think Bama goes 13-5 and Auburn goes 13-5. Wouldnt suprise me if SC went 13-5... Kentucky could throw a wrench into the entire thing as well.

LSU's path to 10-8 and the 7 seed is much easier than ours too.
Ok so with two Auburn wins this week, a USC split, and a Bama split to get them all to 13-5, you'd have this. Of course I put two wins in for us too because why not.
1709657435951.png

Then you would have this.
1709657480474.png

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Ok so with two Auburn wins this week, a USC split, and a Bama split to get them all to 13-5, you'd have this. Of course I put two wins in for us too because why not.
View attachment 536873

Then you would have this.
View attachment 536877
While there are many scenarios. The one you went with seems to be one of the most unlikely. You have bama winning at florida and losing to arkansas at home. You have SC winning AT tennessee, but losing to us. UT losing 2 games at home.

I think UT ends up the 1, either 15-3 or 14-4
I think Bama loses to flordia and beats Ark going 13-5
I think Auburn wins out going 13-5
I think FLA wins both going 12-6

What UK does and SC does are toss ups. Same with Us, LSU, and TxAm.

If Chalk holds and the favorite in each game wins you get:
UT 15-3
Auburn 13-5
Alabama 13-5
Fla 12-6
Kentucky 12-6
SC 12-6
LSU 10-8
MSU 9-9
TxAM 9-9

Not sure how those tiebreakers play out... but that would make us the 9 seed.

Last edited:

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
While there are many scenarios. The one you went with seems to be one of the most unlikely. You have bama winning at florida and losing to arkansas at home. You have SC winning AT tennessee, but losing to us. UT losing 2 games at home.

UT 15-3
Auburn 13-5
Alabama 13-5
Fla 12-6
Kentucky 12-6
SC 12-6
LSU 10-8
MSU 9-9
TxAM 9-9

Yes, way too many scenarios until after tonight and tomorrow night. Note that the UT-USC game is in Columbia. South Carolina already beat them in Knoxville.

Attachments

• 1709662333887.png
    1709662333887.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 3

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
Didn't Purdue lose to a 16 seed from the play on round last year?

Anything can happen once you get there.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Two more losses and we are going to have to play in. If we don't pick up another win somewhere, we will get left out.

Hide and watch.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

UT 15-3
Auburn 13-5
Alabama 13-5
Fla 12-6
Kentucky 12-6
SC 12-6
LSU 10-8
MSU 9-9
TxAM 9-9

Check the schedule again, basketball jones

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Our odds win winning three in a row are better than our odds of losing three in a row.
That’s actually pretty interesting. I’d guess the odds are pretty much the same on both sides. Obviously the neither happening is the most likely option

Small dog at txam
Small fav at home
Probably a small line regardless of who we play in round 1, and depending on how things end and who we play would depend the line

I’d say the odds are basically identical of either happening.. although I’d love to see the odds to know for sure

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’m just fearful our not so great shooting from the outside rears it’s ugly head again and our woeful FT shooting is around 54% in Round 1.
If that happens then we won’t have to worry about who we may have played on the weekend.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That’s actually pretty interesting. I’d guess the odds are pretty much the same on both sides. Obviously the neither happening is the most likely option

Small dog at txam
Small fav at home
Probably a small line regardless of who we play in round 1, and depending on how things end and who we play would depend the line

I’d say the odds are basically identical of either happening.. although I’d love to see the odds to know for sure

I expect we will be favored at home against SC and favored against LSU/OM/A&M on a neutral court. Just think you’re more likely to win 2 of 3 as a favorite and win as a slight road dog than you are to lose all three.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login