New on campus hotel?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Just saw this come across my linked in feed. New hotel opening in 2025 so I guess we can expect the plans to be announced soon?

Reactions: BamaDawg17

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I knew the University had "acquired" Comfort Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn, and Courtyard but first I've heard of an on campus one. Maybe its whats to be built on Colonel Muldrow St where they tore down the old houses. The Chester needs some help badly too, maybe they can rehab it

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaDawg17

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I knew the University had "acquired" Comfort Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn, and Courtyard but first I've heard of an on campus one. Maybe its whats to be built on Colonel Muldrow St where they tore down the old houses
Looking at their website you can filter their properties by “collegiate market”. Based on what is there looks like an interesting collection of boutique style hotels. The comfort suites, courtyard, and Hampton Inn Starkville properties definitely stick out like a sore thumb. Interested to see what they are bringing to campus but assuming whatever it is will be we’ll out of my price range.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Looking at their website you can filter their properties by “collegiate market”. Based on what is there looks like an interesting collection of boutique style hotels. The comfort suites, courtyard, and Hampton Inn Starkville properties definitely stick out like a sore thumb. Interested to see what they are bringing to campus but assuming whatever it is will be we’ll out of my price range.
My thoughts exactly. Here’s a link to their portfolio:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Heard that Dorman Hall will be dynamited and this hotel will take its place there

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Heard that Dorman Hall will be dynamited and this hotel will take its place there

I don't see your sarcasterisks so, I'll say its just the opposite. Just heard recently there is a study going on now to remodel at least the inside so get used to it being there for awhile. It would cost a small fortune to build another Dorman w/ all of the labs and equipment that are in there now that would have to be replaced in the new one. The plumbing is unique in lab buildings to accommodate corrosives, both liquid and in air handlers. There are huge fans on the roof and plumbing inside to suck all of the air out of the labs. Water and gas lines everywhere for the labs. Its not just lets build another brick building somewhere w/ classes and a few lecture auditoriums. Lets hope the outside gets a facelift too.........

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
It would cost a small fortune to build another Dorman w/ all of the labs and equipment that are in there now that would have to be replaced in the new one. The plumbing is unique in lab buildings to accommodate corrosives, both liquid and in air handlers. There are huge fans on the roof and plumbing inside to suck all of the air out of the labs. Water and gas lines everywhere for the labs.
An architect who does collegiate work told me he realized early on in his career that dorms are temporary but labs are permanent.

Last edited:

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I don't see your sarcasterisks so, I'll say its just the opposite. Just heard recently there is a study going on now to remodel at least the inside so get used to it being there for awhile. It would cost a small fortune to build another Dorman w/ all of the labs and equipment that are in there now that would have to be replaced in the new one. The plumbing is unique in lab buildings to accommodate corrosives, both liquid and in air handlers. There are huge fans on the roof and plumbing inside to suck all of the air out of the labs. Water and gas lines everywhere for the labs. Its not just lets build another brick building somewhere w/ classes and a few lecture auditoriums. Lets hope the outside gets a facelift too.........
I don’t remember dorman having labs

cristilmethod

Aug 24, 2012
Just saw this come across my linked in feed. New hotel opening in 2025 so I guess we can expect the plans to be announced soon?

I see the three in Starkville listed, but where are the ones that are best in class?***

Reactions: Darryl Steight

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don’t remember dorman having labs
From what I remember they were upstairs like 3rd and/or 4th floor. Offices mainly on the outside perimeter of the building and labs were on the inside of the hallways. Been a lot of years for me since I was in there (38 years) but thats what I recall.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
From what I remember they were upstairs like 3rd and/or 4th floor. Offices mainly on the outside perimeter of the building and labs were on the inside of the hallways. Been a lot of years for me since I was in there (38 years) but thats what I recall.
You’re probably right. I had several classes in Dorman throughout college but don’t think I ever went upstairs

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I saw this post on Twitter a while back, and I immediately wondered if something similar could be done for Dorman

This is the before pic

1696014488093.png

Reactions: ckDOG

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They did something similar to Cresswell, Hathorn, and Hilbun awhile back. They added the gray parts, entrance and roof lines, they aren't beautiful but are much better than just a red brick rectangle which is what Dorman is

1696014888036.png

Reactions: DawgInThe256
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login