New Orleans hotel

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Taking the woman and I to see Zach Bryan in New Orleans on the 20th. Booked a room at Le Pavillon on Poydras, without knowing it’s the most “haunted,” hotel in NO.

Anyone ever stay there or have cool stories about places like that?

side note- I’m not a big believer in haunted things but my girlfriend is stoked and all about spooky/haunted things and ghosts

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Taking the woman and I to see Zach Bryan in New Orleans on the 20th. Booked a room at Le Pavillon on Poydras, without knowing it’s the most “haunted,” hotel in NO.

side note- I’m not a big believer in haunted things but my girlfriend is stoked and all about spooky/haunted things and ghosts
I hope y'all have a good time. Spent 7 years in Nawlins prior to moving to Fort Worth 6 weeks before Katrina. The most unique and beautiful place I've ever lived in. Be sure to know the history of the town before you arrive and try and absorb as much of it you can.

Reactions: tacodawg

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I hope y'all have a good time. Spent 7 years in Nawlins prior to moving to Fort Worth 6 weeks before Katrina. The most unique and beautiful place I've ever lived in. Be sure to know the history of the town before you arrive and try and absorb as much of it you can.
I’m from the Gulf Coast and have spent a lot of time over in NO. Most recently at Delgado for a shipboard firefighting certification. I love it.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

the redhead?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Watch out for the Haitian Voodoo Lady (Mrs Rudolph) in The Quarter. Listent to Richard Pryor's Story / Advice prior to entering.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’ve stayed there a couple of times - never saw any ghosts.
The Bourbon Orleans is supposed to be haunted as well and have stayed there probably a dozen times or more and never saw any ghosts there either so I’m kinda thinking there may not be any 🤷

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I stayed there once. I didn’t realize it was supposedly haunted. But I was there for a bachelor party and by the time I made it back to the room I was fairly hammered. Pretty sure I would have been oblivious to any ghost stuff anyway

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The Bourbon Orleans is supposed to be haunted as well and have stayed there probably a dozen times or more and never saw any ghosts there either so I’m kinda thinking there may not be any 🤷
Boy are you screwed next time you go now

ghosts GIF

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

Just make sure you use the latch and watch out for this guy.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

Apparently they tried to cross bred humans with animals near there at some point in history. I guess today that would be seen as inclusive though

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You laugh but Cashville has quite the haunted history beyond the typical hillbillies. Not quite New Orleans but plenty of 17ed up stuff happened in those hotels.

NOLA Dawg

Jan 2, 2020
Great hotel. More on the old school classic side as opposed to sleek and modern. The PB&J is a thing. Would not worry about ghosts

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I saw this story elsewhere, but without a pic of the perp. It makes more sense now...

ETA: Also, assuming that most dudes enter hotels with closed toe shoes, how exactly did the manager identify this poor guy as having suckable toes?

Oct 14, 2021
If you stay at the Bourbon Orleans request a courtyard room or you'll be up all night and early morning with street noise. If it's not drunks then garbage and delivery trucks constantly. The place is not haunted just loud.

Anon1683826958

May 11, 2023
Just got back from Jazz Fest and we stayed at the Roosevelt. I've been coming to N.O. since I was 5 and now I'm 59. That town is a dump now since there's no police presence. Be aware that Jackson Square becomes a homeless spot with lots of drug users i.e. heroin at dusk and don't think about walking by there at night. Being where you are staying, I wouldn't suggest walking to the quarter. We had a tough enough time walking by the Walgreens on Canal St. next door. Had to walk by a psycho who was literally beating up his bicycle and he was raising it over his head and slamming it to the ground all while cussing like a sailor. That was just one incident. There used to be a time where you knew that you didn't do wrong due to the cops there. Cops are invisible now, so good luck and stay around people.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Just got back from Jazz Fest and we stayed at the Roosevelt. I've been coming to N.O. since I was 5 and now I'm 59. That town is a dump now since there's no police presence. Be aware that Jackson Square becomes a homeless spot with lots of drug users i.e. heroin at dusk and don't think about walking by there at night. Being where you are staying, I wouldn't suggest walking to the quarter. We had a tough enough time walking by the Walgreens on Canal St. next door. Had to walk by a psycho who was literally beating up his bicycle and he was raising it over his head and slamming it to the ground all while cussing like a sailor. That was just one incident. There used to be a time where you knew that you didn't do wrong due to the cops there. Cops are invisible now, so good luck and stay around people.
We’re gonna do the city during the day, ie eat and grab drinks and park at our spot at SKC. Doors open at Smoothie King Center 6:30. Shows at 8. Drive back to the hotel afterwards and hit the sheets. A couple times hopefully.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login