New Orleans sports talk Thursday morning

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
On my way to Gulfport, listening to “Tulane day” on sports talk Thursday, the 4 hosts got into the Fritz conversation. Yes, Fourcade was one of the host but he was respectful of State.
Since Fritz was interviewed by Rome nationally there is speculation Fritz is ready to move on. We were discussed as a landing spot and Tulane would not be able to compete with an MSU offer.

was21

May 29, 2007
On my way to Gulfport, listening to “Tulane day” on sports talk Thursday, the 4 hosts got into the Fritz conversation. Yes, Fourcade was one of the host but he was respectful of State.
Since Fritz was interviewed by Rome nationally there is speculation Fritz is ready to move on. We were discussed as a landing spot and Tulane would not be able to compete with an MSU offer.
Tulane would be able to compete but probably wouldn't. Hopefully they won't have to anyway.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
My understanding is that Georgia Tech was ready to hire him last year and a disagreement about him coaching the Cotton Bowl for Tulane killed the deal.

Given that Tulane might be in the NY6 again this year, might be something to consider. If he’s not wanting to come to work until after signing day that’s a big problem.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
I remember the time LT begged a guy to be our coach. The dude agreed and then stayed in Green Bay to coach running backs while our program smoldered into January.
****, I had forgotten that little snippet of history. I remember all the sheep on Genespage bleating about how fantastic they thought that was...

Edited To Add - As lousy as that was, Croom being in Starkville a month earlier would not have contributed to anything of substance...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I remember the time LT begged a guy to be our coach. The dude agreed and then stayed in Green Bay to coach running backs while our program smoldered into January.
We finished #62 in crootin that year too, complete with a QB who was signed because he ran a guy down after an interception.

That is how cocky Croominator was. He really thought he could win with anything. The just had to ExEcUtE

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login