New parking garage

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I heard it opened a couple weeks ago. Anyone know if it’s open to general parking for games now? Price?

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
It was open, and very nice. $7.50 is what it cost us to park. We parked at 6:00 and got out of there about 20 minutes after the game ended. I know another fellow who got there about 5:00 and his fee was $9. Very few people used the thing-I’d bet there were less than 50 vehicles parked there. The only drawback was leaving-some folks are pretty challenged by inserting their parking ticket and inserting their debit/credit card into the very simple machine upon exiting. I saw people who didn’t pull up close enough to the payment thing and who had to open their door and get out to get to it, a couple who evidently had problem finding their ticket/credit card as well as people who are evidently challenged when trying to deal with anything mechanical. My senile 68 year-old *** (as well as after consuming a few Michelob Ultras) took literally 20 seconds to complete my payment transaction, although I’ve not self-paid to get out of a parking garage in years. We got in the car, I got the parking ticket, wifey gave me the debit card and we headed for the exit. We were prepared, in other words. There were about 6-7 cars ahead of me, several of whom did what we did and were prepared. Took them no time to pay and get out. The other 3-4 people were not prepared, and that created a pretty long line behind us. I sensed some frustration among some of the folks in line behind us-seriously, jackass, do you really think that blowing your horn at the people in front of you is going to speed up the process??? Anyhow, I ramble, and most don’t like rambling. Bottom line-the garage was a great experience for us-so much so that we will utilize it again this evening. The only other thing I will mention was that it wasn’t great getting out of there-we exited the garage and had to turn right into a line of bumper-to-bumper traffic (heading south) on the street that goes behind the Architecture building and intersects the street that goes around the north side of the football stadium. Heading north toward Hwy 82 was not an option at that time. I’ll still give the garage 2 thumbs up.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm like this at the car wash. It drives me crazy to see people take 5 minutes to decode the mysterious payment touchscreen.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The only drawback was leaving-some folks are pretty challenged by inserting their parking ticket and inserting their debit/credit card into the very simple machine upon exiting. I saw people who didn’t pull up close enough to the payment thing and who had to open their door and get out to get to it, a couple who evidently had problem finding their ticket/credit card as well as people who are evidently challenged when trying to deal with anything mechanical.

In memphis where my wife has to park for work, the garage has a payment machine which you use before you get to your car. So you get back to the garage and make your payment which will update your parking ticket and then when you leave you just have to insert the ticket. So this way you don't hold up cars looking for your credit card and you had a practice run of inserting your parking ticket into a machine.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login