New Staff Coaching in Bowl for Previous Team

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
Debating with someone at my other school about their new hire (Derek Mason) still working for ESPN and calling bowl games as play-by-play man.

I’m curious what the pack’s expectations would be. Would you be OK with Lebby being the OC for Oklahoma (I know they promoted Litterell) or any assistant hired finishing at their current schools?

If we had hired Mullen, would you have been ok with him calling a meaningless bowl game still for ESPN?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If we had hired Mullen, would you have been ok with him calling a meaningless bowl game still for ESPN?
I think it would be pretty cool to have your coach on the sidelines coaching and calling the game. ******

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Debating with someone at my other school about their new hire (Derek Mason) still working for ESPN and calling bowl games as play-by-play man.

I’m curious what the pack’s expectations would be. Would you be OK with Lebby being the OC for Oklahoma (I know they promoted Litterell) or any assistant hired finishing at their current schools?

He might have a contract, and no, it is not a problem. To Me.

Reactions: Raiderdawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
For media duties, I don’t care. I don’t think you need to put in a lot of work to do a last broadcast and it actually puts the words “Mississippi State” into a situation where it wouldn’t normally be.

For coaching bowl games, they need to cut ties. Instead of working practices and collecting and Cheez-it swag, they need to be working the portal and prepping for early signing day.

The one caveat I’d say for bowl games is for CFP teams. If you’re in the playoff, then sure, finish it out.

Reactions: Raiderdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login