Next four

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Games are gonna be critical for this basketball team. Does anyone think we can beat OM ? It's on the road. Can we go 2 and 2 ? Or will we lose all four ?? Will they go 2 and 8 in SEC play ??

patdog

May 28, 2007
1-3. Lose to Auburn, at Mississippi & at Alabama. We'll beat Mississippi in Starkville though, unless the team has quit by then.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
We bat UT at home. AU is beatable at home for us. I still believe in this team

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
Looking at the schedule, the way we've played in the past, I'd say we lose to Auburn, we lose to Ole Miss on the road, we lose at Bama, and possibly lose to Georgia with the way they are playing currently. It looks bleak...

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think we need to beat Auburn on Saturday. If you stink on the road, you’ve gotta win the big home games.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
only our idiot fans looked at our Jan conference schedule and thought we come out of it in good shape. Feb will be much better. Our fans need to take some course on critical thinking.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We bat UT at home. AU is beatable at home for us. I still believe in this team
I think we have a good shot to beat them too, especially coming off their Bama loss. 2nd game in a row on the road. We will have a good crowd.

Lose at Ole Miss, lose at Alabama, beat Georgia at home.

That's 15-8 (4-6) after a brutal start to the SEC season, with 2 excellent wins and 1 bad loss. I think we're solidly in the tournament, which is all anyone can ask.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
When you play a weak non-conference schedule it gets everyones hopes up. The non-conf schedule was better than it had been in the past but still not where it should be.

Auburn is a must win. And I dont see it happening.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I think we have a good shot to beat them too, especially coming off their Bama loss. 2nd game in a row on the road. We will have a good crowd.

Lose at Ole Miss, lose at Alabama, beat Georgia at home.

That's 15-8 (4-6) after a brutal start to the SEC season, with 2 excellent wins and 1 bad loss. I think we're solidly in the tournament, which is all anyone can ask.
Current SOS is 37
Current RPI is 47
Net Rankings is 42

0 wins on the road. 2 quad 1 wins.

Its not a resume that puts you in the tournament. Actually this will probably get them left out.

Have to get some Quad 1 wins. Going 1-3 in these next 4 puts us squarely behind the 8 ball.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We're not winning anything until we improve our basketball intelligence. We have some talent but we have no intelligent court presence. We keep making dumb mistakes.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Current SOS is 37
Current RPI is 47
Net Rankings is 42

0 wins on the road. 2 quad 1 wins.

Its not a resume that puts you in the tournament. Actually this will probably get them left out.

Have to get some Quad 1 wins. Going 1-3 in these next 4 puts us squarely behind the 8 ball.
That’s hosting a NIT game or two resume.

Reactions: RockyDog and patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
only our idiot fans looked at our Jan conference schedule and thought we come out of it in good shape. Feb will be much better. Our fans need to take some course on critical thinking.
There were a lot of people on this and other boards predicting 11-7 or 10-8. So far the team has flat out sucked.

You don’t take the next step in the league by looking pathetic against teams you should beat. If you want to be relevant and be a tourney team you have to pick up a win and a place like SC or Florida. As of now there is no more room for error. And people don’t have confidence in this team because we have one scorer and he plays off the bench behind 2 pretty terrible players.

Reactions: patdog

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Our lack of success during our difficult January schedule has implications. Like whether this team is good enough to even compete in the NCAA tourney? Too many think making a field of 68 and getting their crap pushed in in the first 4 or first round is a big deal. If you can't best the USCe and Florida's on the road, where does the committee put you if they even put you in?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Our lack of success during our difficult January schedule has implications. Like whether this team is good enough to even compete in the NCAA tourney? Too many think making a field of 68 and getting their crap pushed in in the first 4 or first round is a big deal. If you can't best the USCe and Florida's on the road, where does the committee put you if they even put you in?
You realize we beat the number 5 team in the country? For mid level teams like us, it's a marathon, not a sprint. We need to finish close to 500 in conference, I think we will do it.

As Richard Williams said of our final four team, "I don't know if more folks got hurt jumping off the wagon or back on." Keep the faith, Jans has earned it. He may lose it, but has it now.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
People are looking forward to the Feb schedule. The committee doesnt care about wins anymore as much as they care about QUALITY wins. Winning a home game against Mizzou isnt going to move the needle.

We have to get QUAD 1 wins. Our RPI, SOS, NET arent going to be good enough to carry us into the tournament without getting some QUALITY wins

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You realize we beat the number 5 team in the country? For mid level teams like us, it's a marathon, not a sprint. We need to finish close to 500 in conference, I think we will do it.

As Richard Williams said of our final four team, "I don't know if more folks got hurt jumping off the wagon or back on." Keep the faith, Jans has earned it. He may lose it, but has it now.

Beat the #5 ranked team in the country is a great thing. But its not something that you can hang your hat on without adding more to it. Also keep in mind we also have one of the worst losses in the country as well.

we dont need to finish close to 500. We need to be above it or be above it after the SEC tournament. Finishing 8-10 would put us at 19-12. We arent getting in. Need to finish 10-8, be 21-10, and even then we are probably a bubble team, but on the right side of the bubble, depending on who we win and lose to

so need to finish 8-4. Probably wont beat Kentucky or Auburn on the road. So need a 8-2 finish against the other teams. I just dont see it.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Georgia is not very good. I could see beating them. The Tennessee game was a herculean effort and not a single player has put that much effort out since then. Could they repeat that effort ? Yes. Will they ? No. This team is better than Vandy Georgia LSU and Arkansas. Thats about it

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login