Next week ...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
is a season defining type game. It will give us a pretty good idea of where we really are.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Let's enjoy this day before we start talking about next week OK?

check it out season 1 GIF by Dream Corp LLC

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
How is it a season defining game any more than other conference games? Ws are Ws and Ls are Ls. If they win you’ll just shift to Bama, UGA, Auburn, or Ole Miss. Bama and UGA will tell you as much about your team as anyone else because those are the teams everyone is chasing. One way or another I’d like to see State get five or more conference wins to take a step forward from last year.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’ve noticed the Leach haters keep pointing to the next game as a “season defining game” every week. Last week, it was the Arkansas game that would be “season defining”. Now that we kicked the dog crap out of Arkansas, the goalposts are moved to Kentucky. If we beat Kentucky, it will be Alabama. We will eventually lose a game, and they will be right there to say “Ah ha! I told you the Leach experiment wouldn’t work!” Unless we win an SEC or national championship, they won’t be happy.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I’ve noticed the Leach haters keep pointing to the next game as a “season defining game” every week. Last week, it was the Arkansas game that would be “season defining”. Now that we kicked the dog crap out of Arkansas, the goalposts are moved to Kentucky. If we beat Kentucky, it will be Alabama. We will eventually lose a game, and they will be right there to say “Ah ha! I told you the Leach experiment wouldn’t work!” Unless we win an SEC or national championship, they won’t be happy.
We may look bad against Bama or GA but that is the last phase of the evolution.

Don't sleep on the shite show that 2020 was. That was not a normal season so I'm pretty stoked where this program is right now.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They are still a pretty decent team. I think they are the best one we have faced so far. They should be undefeated, as should we looking back. If it was in Starkville I think we would take it easily. The SEC road is tough.
It will be a tough game. I still think State will be favored maybe State -1.5. Their defense will be the best since LSU.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
They are still a pretty decent team. I think they are the best one we have faced so far. They should be undefeated, as should we looking back. If it was in Starkville I think we would take it easily. The SEC road is tough.
Our secondary will be tested but Levis is not a runner so that plays in our favor.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They should have beat the Bears.
They left their kicking game at home, (sound familiar?)
And had two huge, close in turnovers, or they would have won.

I know IF, but ....

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Levis not playing tonight he’s in a boot 👀

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
He won’t be moving much if he plays next week. Turf toe in a boot tonight, and dislocated finger last week I heard.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
How is it a season defining game any more than other conference games? Ws are Ws and Ls are Ls. If they win you’ll just shift to Bama, UGA, Auburn, or Ole Miss. Bama and UGA will tell you as much about your team as anyone else because those are the teams everyone is chasing. One way or another I’d like to see State get five or more conference wins to take a step forward from last year.
Because they are the best team we have played so far, and look to be as good as anyone we have left other than Bama and Georgia, and it's on the road. Win that one and we have the potential to have a special year. Just using rational realism.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Because they are the best team we have played so far, and look to be as good as anyone we have left other than Bama and Georgia, and it's on the road. Win that one and we have the potential to have a special year. Just using rational realism.
I don't think KY or tsun are that good and are over ranked. SC is up 7-0 at Lexington right now with 11:42 in the 1st half. Beating KY will mean we are starting to develop consistency but a defining moment will be is if we can not get blown out vs Bamer. Based on budgets NIL $$, and crootin' stars, we are over performing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There is so much wisdom in this post that it should be cut and pasted to a flash page that pops up when you open the website, like those annoying ads.

Animated GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login