NFL Black Monday Thread…

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
A shocker right off the bat:

[TWEET]1480547317967204365[/TWEET]

Coming from a dolphins fan, I think that’s a mistake by Miami. Flores is a good coach. He had some issues with putting together a competent offensive staff and I guess that was his downfall.

I’d keep an eye on Jim Harbaugh for Miami. Dolphins owner has tried to hire him in the past. With rumors that Harbaugh wants back in the NFL, I wouldn’t be shocked if this happens. It’s the only reason to fire Flores in my opinion.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m stunned that Flores was fired. Miami was actively tanking two seasons ago and he still managed to win five games. Won 10 games last year (unfortunate not to make the playoffs with a 10-6 record) and nine this year. I thought they’d give him another year.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I’m stunned that Flores was fired. Miami was actively tanking two seasons ago and he still managed to win five games. Won 10 games last year (unfortunate not to make the playoffs with a 10-6 record) and nine this year. I thought they’d give him another year.

I will take Flores in Denver.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Seems like Flores or the GM were not returning. Ross opted to keep the GM. Gotta think Flores gets another HC gig soon.

Who knows on Harbaugh, but:

[TWEET]1480564550143463424[/TWEET]

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If Joe Judge survives and Flores was canned, which front office screwed up more?

I think firing Flores is really dumb but there's a lot of stuff we don't know. Word getting out is that there was some toxicity between him and some of the players and it was an issue.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Didn't know that. But it's what is being said with Judge and Matt Patricia when he was in Detroit. Maybe these Belichick assistants need to quit being hired for NFL jobs. They try to act like Belichick without the credibility and grown men won't put up with it.

Honestly Belichick's tree sucks. Ferentz and Saban have done amazing in college, but the next best coach on the tree is probably Bill O'Brien or Eric Managini.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I think firing Flores is really dumb but there's a lot of stuff we don't know. Word getting out is that there was some toxicity between him and some of the players and it was an issue.

Yeah, starting to sound like flores was not fired due to on field results. I had read/heard he was difficult to get along with and it sounds like that is the issue.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I've seen that, too, but I find it hard to believe that a team that won 8 of its last 9 and played its best game of the season in a meaningless game one week removed from being eliminated from the playoffs had in any way quit on its coach.

To me, it seems more likely that the front office is using media mouthpieces to cover their ***.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I've seen that, too, but I find it hard to believe that a team that won 8 of its last 9 and played its best game of the season in a meaningless game one week removed from being eliminated from the playoffs had in any way quit on its coach.

To me, it seems more likely that the front office is using media mouthpieces to cover their ***.

This happens everywhere. But there's something to it. Otherwise, there's no reason to fire the guy.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I think that’s their only hope to keep from falling further into the hole of suck they are currently sitting in. No 1st round draft pick this year either.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The dolphins offense was abysmal, not sure it’s the coaches fault…let’s take a look

Qb: Tua-a complete bust. Career backup qb. Can’t throw it short or long. Brittle, his body looks like a floppy dick, whipping in the wind.

RB: Miles Gaskin-promising year last year….absolutely **** the bed, the sheets, up the wall…he stinks. 5’3, 178 lbs dripping wet. 1.7ypr avg

WR: Waddle-great year but he’s one hard hit from breaking into. Not sure he has one reception over 15 yards.

TE: Mikey G- I hope he gets out as soon as possible…although he’s very good for tua, considering he doesn’t throw a downfield pass.

WR: Davant Parker ?? I feel like he’s been hurt for last 3 years….did he catch a ball this year?

WR: Brandon Stills……30 mm 1 year contract ….suspended, comes back, runs 1 play and breaks his hand….ran 6 routes all season amd made like 30 mm.

I’d list the other receivers but It’s sad because they don’t even have wiki pages.

At one point they had 1 rb on the roster Duke Johnson….and he ended up becoming the best option the last 5 games.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
I read that one issue in Miami was that Ross and the GM want Watson and Flores didn’t. If that’s the case that’s a pretty big rift and probably best to cut ties. The problem for Miami is that Tua was expected to be a part of that trade package but Mills looks like he could really good so I doubt Houston would even want Tua now.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
The dolphins offense was abysmal, not sure it’s the coaches fault…let’s take a look

Qb: Tua-a complete bust. Career backup qb. Can’t throw it short or long. Brittle, his body looks like a floppy dick, whipping in the wind.

RB: Miles Gaskin-promising year last year….absolutely **** the bed, the sheets, up the wall…he stinks. 5’3, 178 lbs dripping wet. 1.7ypr avg

WR: Waddle-great year but he’s one hard hit from breaking into. Not sure he has one reception over 15 yards.

TE: Mikey G- I hope he gets out as soon as possible…although he’s very good for tua, considering he doesn’t throw a downfield pass.

WR: Davant Parker ?? I feel like he’s been hurt for last 3 years….did he catch a ball this year?

WR: Brandon Stills……30 mm 1 year contract ….suspended, comes back, runs 1 play and breaks his hand….ran 6 routes all season amd made like 30 mm.

I’d list the other receivers but It’s sad because they don’t even have wiki pages.

At one point they had 1 rb on the roster Duke Johnson….and he ended up becoming the best option the last 5 games.

Can't absolve coach for offensive struggles bc qb was a bust if said coach drafted the qb

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Head Coach always get the blame,

But, often it's a bad GM.

In most cases he puts together (or not) all of the working parts.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That is stunning. Teams are firing coaches after just one season now. I don’t get that at all. How can you have a stable franchise when you go through coaches every one or two years?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He was the new GM's first hire too and got fired by said GM. That's either an admission that you screwed up your first HC hire or they got pictures of hookers and blow of coach

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
That is stunning. Teams are firing coaches after just one season now. I don’t get that at all. How can you have a stable franchise when you go through coaches every one or two years?

Culley was always a patch on a bald tire.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
He was the new GM's first hire too and got fired by said GM. That's either an admission that you screwed up your first HC hire or they got pictures of hookers and blow of coach

It's more to do with the DeShaun Jackson situation. My guess is they're going to cut bait with him and bring in somebody else to see if they have anything at all with Davis Mills.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

It’s not stunning at all for the organization who traded DeAndre Hopkins straight up for David Johnson, and invested something like $15 million and a roster spot for 17 games for Deshaun Watson to not play a down.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

It's a shame because their defense was putting things together toward the end of season.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Lombardi reporting Flores told Tua he wished they drafted Mac Jones.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Lombardi reporting Flores told Tua he wished they drafted Mac Jones.

And then he immediately walked that back by saying something like those were his words for Flores and not said by flores. I’m not even sure what the hell that means.

The dolphins made a mistake picking Tua over Herbert. That one is going to hurt for a long time. But I have a hard time seeing Mac as anything more than equal to Tua. Not worse but probably not any better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login