NFL - Justin Herbert and Ekler say

Nov 29, 2017
Very hard for me to like Herbert. I’m sadly a Dolphins fan , and I don’t think I’ll ever recover from them passing him up for Tua.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Very hard for me to like Herbert. I’m sadly a Dolphins fan , and I don’t think I’ll ever recover from them passing him up for Tua.
It's not that I'm a big Herbert fan. It was listening to the NFL Talking Heads all talking about Jacksonville was going to beat up on the Chargers in the pregame. I'm wondering what they're going to say at halftime.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The referees won't call anything except a personal foul in this football game. They are not calling pass interference, holding, or false start. They're not calling anything in this game unless Bosa makes some major infraction. What the hell? They must have money on this game.

ETA - When did the NFL become the WWE when they make one play?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Herbert and Ekler need to flog Bosa with a bar of soap in a towel.
I'm not saying you're wrong, and he shouldn't have gotten that pissed, but if you go back and watch the game from his spot, especially those two plays he was flagged for, you might understand. He doesn't make a habit of acting like that.

The officiating of both teams in the second half was criminal. I don't know if replay has de-nutted zebras, but they were useless outside of marking the ball.

Nov 29, 2017
Definitely one of the worst games I’ve seen called all season. How is it that hard to find competent refs?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Something about Herbert that is not right. Seems to have all the talent in the world and will continue to put up big stats. However, his teams don’t win at the same clip as other elite QBs. And it’s not because the chargers don’t have talent. Lots of talent on that team.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Something about Herbert that is not right. Seems to have all the talent in the world and will continue to put up big stats. However, his teams don’t win at the same clip as other elite QBs. And it’s not because the chargers don’t have talent. Lots of talent on that team.

Herbert dealt with his best WR’s being out almost all season, and the defense is pretty suspect outside of Bosa and 1 or 2 other guys. The biggest question mark on that team is Brandon Staley. Not sure he’s the dude to get the Chargers over the hump.

What is underrated about all the elite QB’s over time is that they are often paired with elite coaches. Montana + Walsh, Brady + Belichick, Brees + Payton, Mahomes + Reid, Big Ben + Tomlin, etc. I don’t think Herbert currently has that, and I don’t think Dak currently has that. Their ceilings are limited until they get under a serious winner.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Herbert dealt with his best WR’s being out almost all season, and the defense is pretty suspect outside of Bosa and 1 or 2 other guys. The biggest question mark on that team is Brandon Staley. Not sure he’s the dude to get the Chargers over the hump.

What is underrated about all the elite QB’s over time is that they are often paired with elite coaches. Montana + Walsh, Brady + Belichick, Brees + Payton, Mahomes + Reid, Big Ben + Tomlin, etc. I don’t think Herbert currently has that, and I don’t think Dak currently has that. Their ceilings are limited until they get under a serious winner.
I understand Staley is a question mark and I agree with that. I also agree that Herbert is very good. I just think he’s ultimately more Philip rivers than Payton manning.

I’d also argue that elite QBs make elite coaches. I mean Belichick has been pretty average without Brady (over a pretty decent sample size now), Tomlin has been average without Big Ben. Again, not saying Herbert is not good. I just don’t think he’s ever going to take over a game the way say Josh Allen does. But I do think he will continue to put up awesome stats and see an early exit in the playoffs each year.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

He REALLY missed Mike Williams last night and much of this season. He was a huge difference when he was healthy this season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Watching the Buffalo game I would not want to be a wide receiver in the NFL. Last night if the ball hit the ground. It's a reception today it's not.

ETA - at least they don't actually drop the ball like Miami is doing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's pretty sure the NFL has the same, ****** officials as in Jacksonville last night, not only ignoring pass interference but having Gene take up for them as their expert referee in the box, taking up for them for being too scared to throw the flag.

I wonder what they're going to do for an encore in the Minnesota game later

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login