NFL preseason blackouts

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
17 the NFL.

In central MS, I am apparently too close to NOLA to watch the Saints.

I pay for YouTube TV. Blocked

And I pay $113/mo. For DTV streaming so I can get Bally Sports for ATL Braves games. Saints….Blocked

And I paid $250 for NFL Sunday Ticket on YTTV. No access yet

I understand a reg season game in NOLA when the game is not a sellout. During reg season, we usually get the Saints games on Fox local.

IT’S. PRESEASON. Why blackout any games?
The game is in California tonight, correct?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
17 the NFL.

In central MS, I am apparently too close to NOLA to watch the Saints.

I pay for YouTube TV. Blocked

And I pay $113/mo. For DTV streaming so I can get Bally Sports for ATL Braves games. Blocked

And I paid $250 for NFL Sunday Ticket on YTTV. No access yet

I understand a reg season game in NOLA when the game is not a sellout. During reg season, we usually get the Saints games on Fox local.

IT’S. PRESEASON. Why blackout any games?
The game is in California tonight, correct?
I have stopped going to large effort to give these people my bisiness. If they don't want me watching, I won't.

Reactions: skydawg1

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I thought blackouts were only for home teams. Are the Rams fans unable to watch as well? So no fans of said 2 teams can watch the ***preseason*** games. Good move NFL.

Don't worry, they'll graciously show the replay at 3 AM tonight.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is the NFL reminding you that you need to pay for their NFL+ for $7/month to see this neat stuff.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
How dare anyone not want to help the NFL and these billionaire team owners get richer. This is why cities need to build their stadiums cause people don't want to buy tix. Billionaire owners need to tell fans too bad, we're packing up and moving to another city, maybe even another country, because fans don't buy enough tickets, complain about ticket prices, concession prices, parking and blackouts. Americans don't deserve these amazing, selfless billionaire team owners*** Blackouts piss me off too. It's not like these guys are hurting for cash.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Thanks. Would’ve never known if you had not said something.
I had a similar reaction to the OP until I just clicked on WLBT to see if it was on. I like a lot about YouTube tv but have noticed the guide is wrong a lot

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Xfinity X1 guide is no better. It said American Ninja something something. Funny thing is, regular season Saints games are on Fox. It's confusing in Jackson b/c WLBT and WDBD are the same station, as far as local newscasts.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I have YTTV. However I use my in-laws Xfinity creds to TRY and watch the Braves. I haven’t been able to see a game using the app on my tv in months. It never works. The app doesn’t work on my phone either. It always tells me that your provider doesn’t allow access to this content.

the only way I can watch is to login thru the web on my phone and even then it only works half the time. Just ridiculous that you can’t watch a damn game anymore without having to pay out the *** or jump thru mega hoops

Ddog

May 24, 2023
It was on Channel 11 Meridian….free off the air and on my youtubeTV lineup as well

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login