Nice attendance at the Hump tonight

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It was a game that was moved to 4pm on a Wednesday on less than 24 hours notice and no students there. Of course the crowd was sparse. There was also no pep band and a skeleton crew cheerleading squad. I’m sure we will have a pretty good crowd for our next home game against Georgia (as long as we beat Ole Miss on the road the game before).

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You guys complaining about attendance and lower level seating should pony up and show up. Lil LT ain't changing anything.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I, for one, was happy to see this game on TV despite the time switch. I happened to be off of work and undisturbed at home to fully enjoy the game.

Christmas break games at the Hump seem to have always been sparsely attended since my first games in 1980. I always found a way to enjoy those games because the fans in attendance we're quite loyal and knowledgable. Great memories

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Did y’all see the crowd at Auburn? Damn they have a great atmosphere.

Auburn dedicates its lower level courtside seating 3/4 around the court for students except for first 2 rows. SEC rules don’t allow student seating behind opponents bench. Only the biggest donors get rows 1-2 and they run about $4.5k per season ticket not including donations. The majority of season ticket holders sit in upper 2/3 of arena. Auburn season tickets are sold out and have a waiting list.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
It was a game that was moved to 4pm on a Wednesday on less than 24 hours notice and no students there. Of course the crowd was sparse. There was also no pep band and a skeleton crew cheerleading squad. I’m sure we will have a pretty good crowd for our next home game against Georgia (as long as we beat Ole Miss on the road the game before).

And what if we don't? Is the season just over? Ole Miss fans claim that State is obsessed because it's kind of true

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I didn’t say that. But a loss to Ole Miss would severely hurt attendance for the Georgia game. I don’t think that’s a controversial statement.

Aug 22, 2012
I know it will, and my comment was kind of rhetorical. However, this is a huge problem with our entire fanbase when it comes to basketball. If we lose a game that we deem below us, the fanbase just quits, and losing to Ole Miss just gives people an excuse of why they didn't attend a game that they never were going to attend in the first place.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login