Nice leaderboard in Memphis

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one that gets massive @$$ sweat when playing golf. 😂😂😂It’s hot out there.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Have been told all my life that you should never leave a putt short. A little left or a little right and you have a chance......but short, you have no chance. Yet I see pros everyday and today and probably next week and thereafter leaving their putts short in the most critical of times.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Have been told all my life that you should never leave a putt short. A little left or a little right and you have a chance......but short, you have no chance. Yet I see pros everyday and today and probably next week and thereafter leaving their putts short in the most critical of times.
You don't want to be pumped (under pressure) and run by 12 ft either.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Spent some time watching Rory at the range. Any pro is great to watch and is a schooling at technique, tempo, balance, and speed. Then there's Rory. He's just in a different world. I could watch that ball flight all damn day. Amazing. Really reminded me of watching Mark McGwire take batting practice in the 90s. You watch the other guys hit and you see some good pops. Then McGwire gets up there and and it's moon shot after moon shot. Just looks and sounds different.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Damn, Lucas Glover has certainly rediscovered that he's good at golf.
Confidence. Pure and simple. And, apparently, he got his crazy-@ss wife some help so she's no longer a momentum killing drama queen off the course. He seems to be in a really good place at the moment and he's riding the wave as long as he can.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well, Southwind historically has super fast greens. This year, the greens were slower and there were a lot of complaints about it. That's not the only reason, but it certainly contributed to the short putts this week.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think so. This stretch has been basically like living inside a convection oven. 92-100 deg with 99% RH for weeks now. Yesterday, at 8:10 I went outside and it was like standing in front of the fireplace.
Yes, it was like this last summer too. In fact, it can be argued that last summer was worse, because of the drought. My front yard almost died despite me watering it constantly. This year has been a decent bit wetter.

Over towards DFW it's been brutal, but it's not uncommon to have a month to six weeks of temps over 100 degrees there in the summer.

It's been a minute since we've had a truly moderate summer.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don't think so. This stretch has been basically like living inside a convection oven. 92-100 deg with 99% RH for weeks now. Yesterday, at 8:10 I went outside and it was like standing in front of the fireplace.
Last summer was worse I assure you. I work in it every day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login