Nick Saban subtly calls out the basketball coach.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The basketball coach is just trying to earn the bucks to buy his own Mercedes dealership. It that means cutting a deal with Saban's brother Satan then so be it.***********

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Wasn't that at MI State where he gave that guy a 2nd chance (infraction involved a pistol) and harped on how good 2nd chances were? So now he's calling out the Hoop's coach at the same school he coaches at?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Shot fired.

Disagree with not such thing as 'wrong place wrong time', but regardless- thats a tough statement for many Bama fans to square with what theyve been saying for a couple months.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wasn't that at MI State where he gave that guy a 2nd chance (infraction involved a pistol) and harped on how good 2nd chances were? So now he's calling out the Hoop's coach at the same school he coaches at?
That was 30 years ago. Perhaps someone can change their mind in the span of 3 decades.

But really- just because he suspended someone doesnt mean he cant give people a 2nd chance. Those are two different things entirely. I get that you are the resident old man, but surely even you can see how those are very different.
A coach can suspend a player and then give that player a 2nd chance- thats how different they are- they can both happen in succession to the same player.

This is an apt time to drop a video from 4 years ago that was tweeted out by Steve Robertson.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That was 30 years ago. Perhaps someone can change their mind in the span of 3 decades.

But really- just because he suspended someone doesnt mean he cant give people a 2nd chance. Those are two different things entirely. I get that you are the resident old man, but surely even you can see how those are very different.
A coach can suspend a player and then give that player a 2nd chance- thats how different they are- they can both happen in succession to the same player.

This is an apt time to drop a video from 4 years ago that was tweeted out by Steve Robertson.

There's a medium between no consequences at all for players and just throwing them away and cancelling them forever. I think Saban does a pretty good job of finding that medium.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Biggest difference is that Saban at least suspends his players when they make “mistakes” then gives them a chance to earn their way back.

Nate Oats didn’t discipline Brandon Miller at all. Dude didnt miss a single minute and was allowed to do his “stop & frisk” intro.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Biggest difference is that Saban at least suspends his players when they make “mistakes” then gives them a chance to earn their way back.

Nate Oats didn’t discipline Brandon Miller at all. Dude didnt miss a single minute and was allowed to do his “stop & frisk” intro.
The stop and frisk intro to me goes a long way to showing he doesn't understand the gravity of the situation or understand that he was a pubic hair's width from being in jail for a significant amount of time.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

I've seen that and find it worthy. I was basically just trollin' on Saban but I still think he's a Dick for callin' out one of Bamer's Coaches . Dude must have a schit load of power there which should not be surprising to anyone.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Saban can use the portal to "find" a suitable replacement and its months from the actual season. This looks like grandstanding, which Nick excels at. I'm sure he already has someone in mind to take care of this "Gap" coverage in personnel.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Double check the paperwork. I believe after Jimmy Sexton was through with you, that he owns you now.
Then that makes Sexton the most powerful man who ever lived in the last 2000 years. Quite Impressive to have Lucifer in your back pocket. That musta took a schitload of wheelin' and dealin'.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Whoever the attorneys are that are working with Miller, the Tuscaloosa PD and with Bama... man, way to go guys, excellent work coaching your clients.

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Double check the paperwork. I believe after Jimmy Sexton was through with you, that he owns you now.
That is why I do my meetings one on one. I might be one of the only things that should not fear Jimmy but rest assure my meeting was me and Nick. Also we never put anything on paper I think most humans know that I am kind of like an elephant I never forget.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
That is why I do my meetings one on one. I might be one of the only things that should not fear Jimmy but rest assure my meeting was me and Nick. Also we never put anything on paper I think most humans know that I am kind of like an elephant I never forget.
Scary Schit.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Announcing the suspension of one of their football players, he says "there's no such thing as being in the wrong place at the wrong time"

Saban has the luxury of picking and choosing from the best players in the country. If one player messes up, there's 2-3 more right behind him he can plug and play.

Nate Oates is always one or two players away from getting fired.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
At Alabama, he gave Cam Robinson a 2nd chance when he was arrested but not charged with what would have been felony gun possession because the DA said that "I can't ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when everybody else spent theirs indoors in air conditioning." He also his the fact that Tim Williams failed (in his own words at the NFL combine) "many drug tests". He also gave Courtney Upshaw a second chance when he was arrested for domestic violence. The one thing all of those guys had in common was that they were either first or second round talent. None of those missed one second of playing time.

Saban will allow guns, drugs, and beating women if you are good. Let's not pretend that he is some Saint because he suspended a player. Maybe he saw the pushback Oats was getting and decided he wanted to seem proactive (but let's not pretend he would allow that to get in the way of winning. He - like Oats - is a win at all cost coach. Robinson, Williams, and Upshaw back that up.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
At Alabama, he gave Cam Robinson a 2nd chance when he was arrested but not charged with what would have been felony gun possession because the DA said that "I can't ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when everybody else spent theirs indoors in air conditioning." He also his the fact that Tim Williams failed (in his own words at the NFL combine) "many drug tests". He also gave Courtney Upshaw a second chance when he was arrested for domestic violence. The one thing all of those guys had in common was that they were either first or second round talent. None of those missed one second of playing time.

Saban will allow guns, drugs, and beating women if you are good. Let's not pretend that he is some Saint because he suspended a player. Maybe he saw the pushback Oats was getting and decided he wanted to seem proactive (but let's not pretend he would allow that to get in the way of winning. He - like Oats - is a win at all cost coach. Robinson, Williams, and Upshaw back that up.
^^This. If just this last year Bryce Young was accused of kicking a puppy and his girlfriend with the same swing of his foot, St. Nick would be right there waiting for "due process" to run its course.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login