NIL/Portal Valuations Are Interesting

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Dillion Gabriel is the 4th rated QB, but has the highest NIL valuation by a good bit. Out of the top 10, there's only one other senior. If seems, if you're going to have to spend seven figures, you'd want to put that money toward a QB with more than one year left? I do realize that big time CFB is becoming a year to year league, especially for middling programs.

We need to be playing money ball. Dillion would be huge for us, but if it took 1/4 of our NIL budget to get him that may not be the best use of our money. Hopefully we have some type of analytics nerd looking at all this.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Out of the top 13, three are projected to either UK, Louisville for Vandy, surely our NIL is on par with those three. Be interesting to see if we sign someone or roll into 2024 with Parsons, which may not be the worst thing as it will be a transitional year.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
Curious.... why are we gonna pay for a high tier qb for next year? What is the actual purpose of this?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Curious.... why are we gonna pay for a high tier qb for next year? What is the actual purpose of this?
concur, since we can't get Gabriel, who would would be plug and play and could lead us to a 7-5 type season, we might as well develop a young QB.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We do need to be playing moneyball for sure, but I don't see how you can, considering these numbers are likely inflated for internet hits, just like star rankings.

I think we are going to have to stay away from these type transfers. We need to only pay our current, homegrown players. We need transfers coming from blue blood 2-deep, G5 guys or JUCOs. We need to do more of a 'sponsorship' giving everybody on the whole team some money, at least through the BI. That would create better culture. If you can get NIL elsewhere, fine, but I don't think we should be showing a lot of favoritism from the BI.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I like how it tells you how far potential landing spots are from their sick grandma.

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 11.42.35 AM.png

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
The NIL Valuations are a joke. Completely pointless. Player's values depend on the following:

1. How good the player is
2. The number of teams with mutual interest
3a. The level of need/desperation of those teams
3b. Team NIL Budgets

And that's it. There's no way to quantify that into anything more than a guess. The NIL market is no different than any other market. It's supply and demand. There is an added premium for big name players who's talent don't necessarily match their notoriety (DJU), but again that is just an element of demand + vanity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login