NIL questions

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I’m trying to understand the extent of our NIL efforts. I am aware of the Bulldog Initiative and contribute monthly. I feel good about it because I know who Charlie is and the athletic department has promoted it. The athletic department has also promoted something called Opendorse Marketplace. I have no idea how lucrative this has been for our athletes.

I have heard of other NIL efforts that seem questionable. I don’t want to name them in case they are not legitimate. One has a suspended Twitter account (red flag), and one was founded by someone who appears to have made the move to Auburn.

Are there other legitimate State NIL efforts we need to be aware of? I’m curious what y’all think is the best approach to NIL: focusing on one initiative or supporting many efforts that complement each other?

We need to be very efficient with NIL given that we compete with schools like A&M. We probably need some X factor.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There was an Ole Miss guy on Facebook saying Ole Miss was using some of NIL to pay Kiffin. I wonder was he full of ****, just a dumbass or is that what they are doing and if so, are the contributors pissed?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
All things being equal, I think you pick one horse and run with it.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
There was an Ole Miss guy on Facebook saying Ole Miss was using some of NIL to pay Kiffin. I wonder was he full of ****, just a dumbass or is that what they are doing and if so, are the contributors pissed?
Mississippi claims that Kiffin’s flirtation with Auburn has helped them raise NIL money. Chase Parham was saying weeks ago that they should just lie about NIL money for PR purposes because it is difficult to disprove. Shortly after they came out with the $10m number. Have they provided any receipts for that number? Or are people just supposed to take their word for it?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login