NIL vs Bulldog club

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
So I've had numerous conversations with bulldog club people I've true last two weekends. Question regarding NIL, can some of the bulldog club money be diverted to NIL. Is that against the rules. Example I think I pay a 1250$ per seat license for football tickets. Can half of that be diverted to NIL by the rules? Booster clubs do good things but the current environment NIL will improve your teams performance more significantly. Just a question, maybe Charlie can answer?

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
So I've had numerous conversations with bulldog club people I've true last two weekends. Question regarding NIL, can some of the bulldog club money be diverted to NIL. Is that against the rules. Example I think I pay a 1250$ per seat license for football tickets. Can half of that be diverted to NIL by the rules? Booster clubs do good things but the current environment NIL will improve your teams performance more significantly. Just a question, maybe Charlie can answer?
Seems like such a no brainer. 10-15 years ago, before the ESPN money started rolling in it was, "give the the Bulldog club so we can afford facilities and coaches."

Since then our athletics budget has gone from 25mil to $150mil and now the line is "give to the NIL deal so we can afford better players."

ESPN money should cover facilities and coaches, Bulldog club and NIL should be one in the same and should mostly go to players at this point.

Reactions: Bullldawg78

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
No.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How much of the SEC money every year go to the athletic department?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
So is your No because you don't agree with the idea of the NIL or it isn't allowed? I did think about those who are morally against the NIL, you could opt out of NIL deferment of the money?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
So is your No because you don't agree with the idea of the NIL or it isn't allowed? I did think about those who are morally against the NIL, you could opt out of NIL deferment of the money?
It isn’t allowed. Schools cant give money to NILs as of now at least. At most they can encourage you to give as long as they don’t specify sport or athlete. Now you may ultimately see that you get BC credit for NIL contributions…so it could be effectively the same.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
It isn’t allowed. Schools cant give money to NILs as of now at least. At most they can encourage you to give as long as they don’t specify sport or athlete. Now you may ultimately see that you get BC credit for NIL contributions…so it could be effectively the same.
Thank you 8dog, so to further what you say what if the seat license charge is two separate payments? One to NIL and one to BC?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Thank you 8dog, so to further what you say what if the seat license charge is two separate payments? One to NIL and one to BC

I don’t know how things will look going forward. But as of now if you want seat license credit you have to give to the BC.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
The rules seem to keep changing (or, in NCAA terms, being ”clarified”), but the Bulldog Club and the university are now clear to ask people to give money to BI. At this time, though, they can’t condition seating on giving money and can’t give money themselves. I am hopeful that, after the new AD is in place, we can have some productive movement towards getting points or other non-monetary benefits. We are trying to do some things on our side to help get tangible benefits for people who give also, but things like that would go along ways.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Mississippi St isn't selling its inventory of football seats now. There was a small area seats in section 4 that didn't sell this year during season tickets sells. It seems like a no brainer to lower seat license fees in half to encourage sales and contributions to BI.

Reactions: Bullldawg78
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login