Niners getting McCaffrey?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Under Shanahan, he’s going to completely break fantasy football over the 2nd half of the season if he stays healthy.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I would try to sell high on McCaffrey in fantasy. It’s hard to switch NFL teams midseason.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
If he stays healthy, this is a great move. They had several compensatory picks laying around from trading their coaches. Just need him to stay healthy.

He's a Stanford kid. He' should be able to pick everything up fairly quickly.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Damnit I stashed Mitchell last week for his upcoming return. Although I suppose he and McCaffery have a good shot at just switching spots on the IR if history is any indicator.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Maybe but if he stays healthy it’s hard to not see him flourishing in Shanahans run heavy offense.
No doubt. But, I just wonder about his volume. He’s a Top 5 guy so far this year. Seems like it’ll be tough to stay there with him, Mitchell and Jeff Wilson Jr. Plus, Juszczyk gets touches.

There are a lot of mouths to feed on that offense now. I’m guessing his production slips because of it.

I’m excited for the move. It’s good for the NFL and fans, IMO. You should be thrilled.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No doubt. But, I just wonder about his volume. He’s a Top 5 guy so far this year. Seems like it’ll be tough to stay there with him, Mitchell and Jeff Wilson Jr. Plus, Juszczyk gets touches.

There are a lot of mouths to feed on that offense now. I’m guessing his production slips because of it.

I’m excited for the move. It’s good for the NFL and fans, IMO. You should be thrilled.

Barring injury, Mitchell and Wilson will be total nonfactors going forward. They’ll get a few carries here and there just to provide the occasional breather for CMC, but that’s about it. Those guys are low draft capital space fillers that Shanahan has been able to bleed something out of because of the system he runs. They aren’t special talents or guys that were ever long term cornerstone pieces in the eyes of the organization.

Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle are guys you didn’t mention who will likely be the biggest threats to getting touches, especially in the red zone. But the offense as a whole will be so much better than Carolina that its hard to imagine CMC’s production will be anything worse than a wash vs. what it was for the Panthers.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Barring injury, Mitchell and Wilson will be total nonfactors going forward. They’ll get a few carries here and there just to provide the occasional breather for CMC, but that’s about it. Those guys are low draft capital space fillers that Shanahan has been able to bleed something out of because of the system he runs. They aren’t special talents or guys that were ever long term cornerstone pieces in the eyes of the organization.

Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle are guys you didn’t mention who will likely be the biggest threats to getting touches, especially in the red zone. But the offense as a whole will be so much better than Carolina that its hard to imagine CMC’s production will be anything worse than a wash vs. what it was for the Panthers.
When I said there were a lot of mouths to feed - I meant Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk. Although Kittle has been a disappointment.

I don’t think Mitchell and Wilson will be complete afterthoughts. Especially in the short term. It could take CMC a couple weeks to get up to speed; we’re not even sure he’ll be active Sunday.

I would trade him for Bryce Hall. Especially in a 2X2 trade where I felt like I got the better deal in the other half too.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Under Shanahan, he’s going to completely break fantasy football over the 2nd half of the season if he stays healthy.
That's a big 'if' in my book. He's only had 2 full seasons as a starter (first 2).

But Shanahan is an amazing offensive coach and they have Deebo, so they may not wear him out

Reactions: Perd Hapley

IrishHerb

Oct 13, 2021
McCaffrey runs, catches and throws for TDs in his first game as a 49er.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login