NIT #1 Seed.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
SPS needs an enema.
Jared Leto Movie GIF

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I guess I'm just dumb but itseems to me going to the NIT and making a run there would be more beneficial to the team than going one and done in the tourney

No. Just no. The team is still reaping the benefits of being the sec champs and losing to eastern Michigan way back in the early 90s. We will be riding that loss to liberty at least another 30 years.

Hell, ole mess is still advertised annually for getting beat by Bryce Drew and valpo. Can't buy that sort of marketing.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I guess I'm just dumb but itseems to me going to the NIT and making a run there would be more beneficial to the team than going one and done in the tourney
Good golly miss Molly. We are such a whipped fan base. Years of losing I guess has made us a bunch of cucks.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
There is absolutely a scenario where, in hindsight, a team benefits the year after they make a deep run in the NIT.
This isn't one of those times. We have very few minutes going to freshmen and our issues keeping us from being better aren't based on inexperience.
100%. I was thrilled when we made the run to New York in 2018. 2021 was nice surprise too and we got all the way to the championship, but losing to Liberty or Butler in the round of 64 is still better no matter how painful

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well let's get all pumped up for that one and done then. That is if we get in. Super exciting

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There is absolutely a scenario where, in hindsight, a team benefits the year after they make a deep run in the NIT.
This isn't one of those times. We have very few minutes going to freshmen and our issues keeping us from being better aren't based on inexperience.
It's not going to help this team but it might help attract new players, They would have more chances to show our coach at work and his defensive style displayed on television more often than one game

It is a reaacchh...I Know... but that would be the only advantage, and I don't know that it would be enough to the be better outcome but either way we just got to hang another banner when the season's over

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
100%. I was thrilled when we made the run to New York in 2018. 2021 was nice surprise too and we got all the way to the championship, but losing to Liberty or Butler in the round of 64 is still better no matter how painful
Still not over that 3 pt shot that West Virginia made to beat us at the buzzer in the semifinals. . Otherwise we were gonna win the NIT that year.

Still not as bad a hurt as when Butler drove the link of the court in Bham and beat us in the NCAA tournament. Damn that team was good.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login