No surprise but A&M making a QB change

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Max Johnson will start against Miami tomorrow. I figured he would be the starter by the time we played them. Haynes King really sucked the first two games. Johnson was decent at LSU and he’ll probably make them a little better, but they are still handcuffed by Jimbo’s offense that’s still stuck in 1995.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hope you're right but Max Johnson is a good player, and I say again, if Famous Jameis can pick up this 'offense' as a RFr., how truly hard can it be?

Again, I hope you're right because I hate aTm.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
If an offensive guru like Jimbo can't figure out which guy is the best QB they must both suck. Texas 8 and 4 may be in some serious trouble by the time we play them. This is gonna start unraveling real quick if Max is not an improvement.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What was that old Bear Bryant quote about playing 2 QBs, something like if you have to play 2 you don't really have 1? Of course that doesn't apply to the Black Shark Land Bears because everybody knows they are QB University and have 2 of the finest ones anywhere and are both equally as good and can both play so they do.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
I figured they would lose to Miami and Arky. Then change for our game and blow us out. 17 those milkmen and their football team

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They're going to beat Miami. And may well beat Arkansas. We're going to handle business against them, though, just when they start feeling better about themselves.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Hope you're right but Max Johnson is a good player, and I say again, if Famous Jameis can pick up this 'offense' as a RFr., how truly hard can it be?

A lot has changed about college offenses since 2013. There’s no way anyone can watch A&M see some of the skill position talent they have and feel like they are being used to the best of their ability in that system.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Max Johnson will start against Miami tomorrow. I figured he would be the starter by the time we played them. Haynes King really sucked the first two games. Johnson was decent at LSU and he’ll probably make them a little better, but they are still handcuffed by Jimbo’s offense that’s still stuck in 1995.

If they thought king was the better qb coming out of camp not sure how Johnson will work out. I think he will have something to prove. Might actually work out for them. Their whole demeanor is off though. They got manhandled by the app state line up front on both sides of the ball. Changing qb won't fix that unless he can inspire some harder play. Looks like aggies took off the off season and just expect stars and money to win for them. That's been the major problem for the aggies and for longhorns. They expect to win without working for it. Looks like longhorns have figured it out maybe but everyone gets up for bama. Will be interesting to watch their toughness and heart the rest of the season. Aggies definitely play without fight

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Leadership is what they're lacking and it dosen't really show up til the bright lights come on, particularly at QB.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Some booster called up and said "You guys suck and I want the QB I paid for to start".

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
They're going to beat Miami. And may well beat Arkansas. We're going to handle business against them, though, just when they start feeling better about themselves.

I had that as a win for us all offseason just because it’s a sandwich game between Arkansas and Bama for them.

Now I have it as a win because I don’t think they’re very good.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
There’s no way anyone can watch A&M see some of the skill position talent they have and feel like they are being used to the best of their ability in that system.
Nobody said they were. We were talking about the QB position and the alleged difficulty of Jimbo's playbook for the QB, amirite?

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I heard some commentator saying they switched because they felt Max could take advantage of Miami's secondary with a deep passing attack. Not sure about that but we will see tonight

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login