Non-SEC fans: Worst experience at an away/neutral site game

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
To piggy back off the previous thread. I'll go with the T-sips in '99. I was lucky to get out of the Cotton Bowl with no broken bones.

Last edited:

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Little Rock for football at War Memorial. In previous thread I (broadly) accused Arkansas for having the worst fans, and one trip to Little Rock will do it.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Cotton Bowl in '99. Texas fans were just absolutely insufferable. The weather that day and early kickoff (10AM) did not help.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Worst: LSU 1994 - Close second: any loss in Oxford

eta: must've scored a 10 on the reading comprehension portion of the ACT

Last edited:

Hellsyeah

May 22, 2013
2000 football at Memphis. Nothing to do with the fans, it was just so hot that it was completely miserable

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Limited experience here, but Iowa fans post-Outback Bowl were completely obnoxious. Maybe I was just pissed about our own performance.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
This was the hottest day in history of the world and I will always believe that. Drank several waters that were around 90 degrees at least

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
1991 Liberty Bowl at Memphis. Nothing to do with the fans. It was just so cold that it was completely miserable

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Cotton Bowl was my worst bowl/neutral site experience. We sat just under the 2nd deck overhang and Texas fans kept "accidentally" spilling beers/drinks on us. At least my day was better than our front 7.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Wasn’t the field temp something like 120? That was the most brutally hot game ever.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
This game has to be the coldest and most miserable game I’ve attended just as the Memphis 2000 game was the hottest.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Why is nobody mentioning Southern Alabama a few years ago. Jr college stadium in the Mobile ghetto. 157 degrees at kickoff and they ran out of beer and water before halftime.

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
Why is nobody mentioning Southern Alabama a few years ago. Jr college stadium in the Mobile ghetto. 157 degrees at kickoff and they ran out of beer and water before halftime.
Brutal heat. Did not know if we would have a car to come back to, but the hoodrats made bank (parking) that day. Never seen a stadium so unprepared for the crowd as the USA game.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Getting in the stadium for the 2007 Liberty Bowl was a total disaster. We brought a record crowd and the stadium only had a couple of the entrances open. Horrible bottle neck, was worried about getting crushed at one point. Got to the stadium 45 minutes before kickoff and did not arrive at our seats until mid second quarter.

2015 USM game was brutal too. The concession stands started running out of water before half time. 9 pm kickoff and we did the shuttle from the convention center, which took FOREVER to get back to. We left the stadium around midnight before the game ended and I didn’t get back to my parents’ house in Laurel until 4 am.

Honorable mention to the 2011 UAB game. Nothing significant happened, Legion Field is just a rat’s nest. Good for UAB for finally getting out of there.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
Brutal heat. Did not know if we would have a car to come back to, but the hoodrats made bank (parking) that day. Never seen a stadium so unprepared for the crowd as the USA game.

Troy game at Troy was pretty bad. Most of us didn't get into that stadium until after the 1st quarter. A-holes kept sending me season ticket forms for years after that.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
It doesn't fit this, but....

My roommate and I wwnt to the AF/OM liberty bowl in 89.
We dressed non descript (no maroon). About 200 air force fans total. Everyone from 9 year old to 89 year old were getting shitfaced and screaming for injuries to AF. This is the chucky mullins year, so that didnt go unnoticed. Fourth quarter, om well ahead were still running fly patterns. Had an old man get absolutely pissed at us for cheering for Air Force. If I ever had a doubt about a lack of class, it was gone after this game.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I always find it funny how Memphis makes a big deal of the cowbells. That's cute. You will never be an official member of the sec but I guess you can fake it for a night.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
Getting in the stadium for the 2007 Liberty Bowl was a total disaster. We brought a record crowd and the stadium only had a couple of the entrances open. Horrible bottle neck, was worried about getting crushed at one point. Got to the stadium 45 minutes before kickoff and did not arrive at our seats until mid second quarter.

this exactly ... waited and waited in one of the concourse gates only to get there and it was closed ... and ZERO traffic control outside the stadium ... terrible stadium ... I'll never go back

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

2015 USM game was brutal too. The concession stands started running out of water before half time. 9 pm kickoff and we did the shuttle from the convention center, which took FOREVER to get back to. We left the stadium around midnight before the game ended and I didn’t get back to my parents’ house in Laurel until 4 am.

Honorable mention to the 2011 UAB game. Nothing significant happened, Legion Field is just a rat’s nest. Good for UAB for finally getting out of there.

Troy was a nightmare. Hour and a half for concessions. Nobody knew where we needed to go get our tickets. Then they set up at one corner of the stadium and our entrance was on the other corner.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016

Man, I really thought my kids were gonna get trampled at that Liberty Bowl. I had to elbow people away from them. I had forgotten all about that. And then, it was an awful game. 13-6 or something like that.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I remember not being able to watch on TV, found the game on the radio just in time for Pat White to score on the 1st play. Immediately turned it off. Watched the highlights on ESPN later and they did an entire segment on our DE's getting fooled by the zone read.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020

That's mine as well.

Nov 29, 2017

100% was about to mention this. That was absolutely horrible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login