Noreel White decommits

patdog

May 28, 2007
Does high school recruiting even matter anymore? If you sign a good one, you’re just going to have to recruit him again next year. And the next. Just sign a bunch of 3* and try to develop them & recruit the portal hard.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Does high school recruiting even matter anymore? If you sign a good one, you’re just going to have to recruit him again next year. And the next. Just sign a bunch of 3* and try to develop them & recruit the portal hard.
I with you! Recruiting high school is meaningless. They will just leave you for money if they turn out good. Go all in on the portal and JUCO. You got them.

Reactions: Seinfeld and patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Quiet! Don't tip anyone off on what our plan is!
You could sign three four stars and twenty-one three stars, and your class ranking will be top 30. You don't need a bunch of four and five stars to get a top 30 class. The recruiting rankings are meaningless unless you are top 5.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Who have we really lost to the portal that was a heart breaking loss? Zavion? He’s one of our biggest playmakers but it was inevitable that he would leave for LSU if ever given the opportunity. Woody leaving sucks but he’s been here for 4 seasons. I don’t blame him for wanting a new experience after another coaching change. None others that have really had me upset. Most of our good players stay.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Who have we really lost to the portal that was a heart breaking loss? Zavion? He’s one of our biggest playmakers but it was inevitable that he would leave for LSU if ever given the opportunity. Woody leaving sucks but he’s been here for 4 seasons. I don’t blame him for wanting a new experience after another coaching change. None others that have really had me upset. Most of our good players stay.
We've lost at least 3 players who did a lot more here than any of the players we're bring in did at their lower level schools.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
We've lost at least 3 players who did a lot more here than any of the players we're bring in did at their lower level schools.
So 3 impact players since the portal became a thing in 2018… id say that’s not bleeding out stars. Losing Zavion and in steps Creed plus 3 other very highly rated receivers this class. Lose Woody and now we may be landing Hill from meridian and Dowdle from Oregon possibly. I think this staff is gonna be much more active in the portal in the future. More big time visitors this month than we have had in the past 3 years combined when it comes to transfers

Reactions: Maroon13

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
So 3 impact players since the portal became a thing in 2018… id say that’s not bleeding out stars. Losing Zavion and in steps Creed plus 3 other very highly rated receivers this class. Lose Woody and now we may be landing Hill from meridian and Dowdle from Oregon possibly. I think this staff is gonna be much more active in the portal in the future. More big time visitors this month than we have had in the past 3 years combined when it comes to transfers
You aren’t taking into account the next step of the cycle. If you continually lose your best players, only to replace them with young talent, that resets the cycle. Zavion was a backfill already. Now we will be backfilling him with our new crop. If they get poached, then it starts back over. Somewhere along the line there we are gonna either 1. Not have enough talent to fill what we lose. Or 2. We stopped getting poached because our players aren’t good enough to be taken away.

The unfortunate reality is that while it’s great we could end up with 3 really good HS WRs in this class, there’s a very small chance they all end up graduating from State.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I didn’t and it’s the one place I didn’t want him to go. I honestly thought he was just testing the market and we might get him to stay

Nov 20, 2023
CFB as we new iwell on its way to being totally
Might as well, CFB as we know it has been 17’ed for a while now if you ask me. With players able to just transfer anytime and at the rate they do they never will form those important bonds and fight for each other and their school the same way.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Zavion wanted to go to LSU when we signed him. He never wanted to play at State but had no better choices. He was always waiting on LSU. He did not have the offer. Thats not the same as a bunch of kids who have the offers from Bama and Auburn etc and still come to State. They have the choice today.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So, because you knew about it, and expected it, and have an excuse for it - that makes it less of a loss?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We should really just shut the program down. Every decent player we get is just gonna transfer out. Bama or LSU or Washington will just buy them. Why even try ? Waaah!!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think this year is going to be an interesting case study for going forward. So far we have seen.....

We have picked up a Baylor QB, Vandy guys and G5 players. (Am I missing a bigger get?)

The ones that sting are losing RaRa, Thomas and DCam (if he bolts). Those will be tough to deal with in the future. Rogers and Woody are Grad transfers and are unique circumstances that we should understand.

But the point is, there is all this talk about all this money in the BI now. We have a new coaching staff. That seems to recurit HS well.

Can we get quality transfers? Can we keep our guys? Can we recruit in the 20s (or better) at the HS level?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Three impact players THIS year.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
I think this year is going to be an interesting case study for going forward. So far we have seen.....

We have picked up a Baylor QB, Vandy guys and G5 players. (Am I missing a bigger get?)

The ones that sting are losing RaRa, Thomas and DCam (if he bolts). Those will be tough to deal with in the future. Rogers and Woody are Grad transfers and are unique circumstances that we should understand.

But the point is, there is all this talk about all this money in the BI now. We have a new coaching staff. That seems to recurit HS well.

Can we get quality transfers? Can we keep our guys? Can we recruit in the 20s (or better) at the HS level?
All out of state kids that had no loyalty to our school & grew up fans of other schools. It's why we've got to hammer the instate HS kids. They're our best bet of keeping long term

It's also why we can't be beat on NIL on instate HS kids. The OOS kids will transfer more than likely once they get the chance. I hate it, but we've learned it is what it is.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012

Forgive me but I don't think losing Zavion nor Richardson is something to cry over. I think Zavion was put on a pedestal, and he didn't deserve any of that. I think Richardson probably made demands that probably weren't reciprocated. I mean play the tape, and see if either of these two were game changers...

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Forgive me but I don't think losing Zavion nor Richardson is something to cry over. I think Zavion was put on a pedestal, and he didn't deserve any of that. I think Richardson probably made demands that probably weren't reciprocated. I mean play the tape, and see if either of these two were game changers...
In terms of talent and sec experience, both of those guys will be difficult to replace. in terms of their lack of contribution, that’s more on horrible coaching than anything.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
In terms of talent and sec experience, both of those guys will be difficult to replace. in terms of their lack of contribution, that’s more on horrible coaching than anything.
Both of them played under Leach and Arnett as the DC. Neither were a number you looked for when they were on the field.

Experience is one thing but man prove it on the field.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think Creed entered the portal. Hope not anyway. I saw a post about White making some controversial comments or something. Was that a Twitter post or what were the details ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login