Norvell is cooked

Lakemurraycock

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Jan 20, 2022

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
His buyout is 64 million at the end of this season. Dang. I am not sure he cares.
I'm not sure FSU can do it. They just made their last payment to Taggart in February of this year, and now the donors are expected to find another $64m under the couch cushions? FSU doesn't have Texas A&M kind of money.

At a minimum, if I were a big donor asked to fund this buyout, I think I'd insist on firing the AD before I wrote the check.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
His buyout is 64 million at the end of this season. Dang. I am not sure he cares.
https://www.on3.com/news/mike-norve...seminoles-college-football-head-coach-buyout/

"Norvell signed an eight-year extension through the 2031 season worth more than $84 million before incentives before the 2024 season. According to Norvell’s contract, he is owed 85 percent of his remaining salary as a buyout."
Interesting point. I said this years ago. In the end, only as handful of coaches really care. The best head coaches are true narcissists.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
https://www.on3.com/news/mike-norve...seminoles-college-football-head-coach-buyout/

"Norvell signed an eight-year extension through the 2031 season worth more than $84 million before incentives before the 2024 season. According to Norvell’s contract, he is owed 85 percent of his remaining salary as a buyout."
I should have majored in Losing Coaching or maybe Failing CEO and have people make fun of me while I laugh all the way to the bank. Very lucrative positions for failing to produce.

Mar 24, 2022
I read the other day where in addition to the 21-22 million it’s estimated to pay the athletes you are looking at about another 25-30 million to fund the increased scholarships the NCAA is allowing.
So your looking at 50 million more run your athletic program than before.Thats why SEC-B10 looking at scheduling model that might increase revenue.Even the biggest of the big feeling the pinch.
That’s what I read although the increased scholarship amount does look high.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I should have majored in Losing Coaching or maybe Failing CEO and have people make fun of me while I laugh all the way to the bank. Very lucrative positions for failing to produce.
At least CEO pay typically includes stock options that give them some skin in the game. I'd love to see a college coach with a compensation package that is heavily incentive based. Something like a base $3m salary + $500K bonus for every win in excess of 6 + $500K bonus for every win in excess of 8 + $500K bonus for every win in excess of 10. Add in an extra $500K each for conference and national titles. Win the national title with a 15-0 record and you'll make about $14.5m. You can live pretty well in College Station or Tallahassee on that.

Mar 24, 2022
That makes too much sense for it to happen.

way back in the day local coaching legend Mooney Player tried to get Carolina to hire him and pay him per win.

HWGcock

Joined Nov 2, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 2, 2022
Hope FSPew goes 2-9 the next several years. Of course, hope one of those wins is against Clemsux.

Reactions: moouclem
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login