Not a good feeling

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
gross… now I gotta hold my nose and root for the corndogs against 17ing O’Sullivan, though the two jaсkаsses that showed up here earlier today made me rethink that momentarily.

• Haha
Reactions: CapitalcityTiger21

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
NC State player had to win it for them. And Air Force guy had to keep it close. Home roster really didn't produce the results
They got here bc they completely revamped their pen/back end staff. They got to this point by winning two straight games with no portal pitchers. They gave up 23 runs to us in 2 games 6 weeks ago. Just great coaching. Thats why Skenes and White even had a chance to be the dominant players they are.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
#1 recruiting class last year and the #1 portal class. It paid off. Is it enough to beat Flarda? I really don't like Flarda. I married an LSU grad and lots of my friends are LSU grads. They came over a couple of years ago, brought beer and food and were with me cheering on the Dawgs against Vandy to win it all. Go LSU. I think they're gonna be without their Friday and Sat. starters for the first two games.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
#1 recruiting class last year and the #1 portal class. It paid off. Is it enough to beat Flarda? I really don't like Flarda. I married an LSU grad and lots of my friends are LSU grads. They came over a couple of years ago, brought beer and food and were with me cheering on the Dawgs against Vandy to win it all. Go LSU. I think they're gonna be without their Friday and Sat. starters for the first two games.

Corn dogs will invade Omaha and it's going to be a home game. Not enough UF fans even care about baseball
That may have been true the last few years. Gatah fans have filled out their park lately.

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
NC State player had to win it for them. And Air Force guy had to keep it close. Home roster really didn't produce the results
Just acknowledge CJJ is the portal king and you won't be so jealous. MS state went after both of those guys too. Wouldn't have been home grown for you either. To win in this game you have to dominate in the portal. That's the reality of where the sport is right now.

Reactions: MisledAlarm92

MisledAlarm92

Nov 2, 2022
Just acknowledge CJJ is the portal king and you won't be so jealous. MS state went after both of those guys too. Wouldn't have been home grown for you either. To win in this game you have to dominate in the portal. That's the reality of where the sport is right now.
Just imagine getting thoroughly dominated in the portal, not sure I can relate to that pain

• Haha
Reactions: CapitalcityTiger21

MisledAlarm92

Nov 2, 2022
Look, whichever one of you guys is the smaller spoon, just roll over and you can have this conversation face to face. No need to have it on a public forum where noone cares.
Isn't the whole point of a public forum to discuss sports???

patdog

May 28, 2007
you missed the part where "...NO ONE CARES" about your two man circle jerk on LSU sports.
It’s pretty pathetic more than anything else. I can’t imagine when we’ve just made it to the finals finding done random message board for another a school and spending hours making a fool of myself on it.

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What are the other players feeling knowing the difference makers (i.e. winners) aren't even LSU guys? Happy they are playing with "the guy" but sad they are "not the guy".

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
What are the other players feeling knowing the difference makers (i.e. winners) aren't even LSU guys?
Who? Like Dylan Crews, Tre Morgan, and Cade Beloso. All three are great players that LSU recruited out of HS with Morgan and Beloso both being from LA. Same could be said for Dugas, Pearson and Jobert. LSU has only had one kid hit the portal so far. There will be more, naturally, but like I said, it's just the reality of where college baseball is. One of our best closers, a freshman from Lake Charles, Gavin Guidry is a dog. Plenty of home grown talent on this team too

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Who? Like Dylan Crews, Tre Morgan, and Cade Beloso. All three are great players that LSU recruited out of HS with Morgan and Beloso both being from LA. Same could be said for Dugas, Pearson and Jobert. LSU has only had one kid hit the portal so far. There will be more, naturally, but like I said, it's just the reality of where college baseball is. One of our best closers, a freshman from Lake Charles, Gavin Guidry is a dog. Plenty of home grown talent on this team too
Morgan so far has not shown up. And lately Crews is hitting a few 1 baggers but not in clutch situations, really no one delivering with RISP. Defense is good though so far. Of course only 1 team recently went through the entire CWS without a single error, look that up.

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
Morgan so far has not shown up. And lately Crews is hitting a few 1 baggers but not in clutch situations, really no one delivering with RISP. Defense is good though so far. Of course only 1 team recently went through the entire CWS without a single error, look that up.
Morgan has been one of our best hitters in CWS. He's been consistent his entire career. Morgan made the play of the game last night on that bunt and throw home. Crews probably could be hitting a little better but our last 5 games have been against top 5 and top 2 pitching staffs in the country, so naturally hits will drop off some.
Was it Ole Miss?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Morgan has been one of our best hitters in CWS. He's been consistent his entire career. Morgan made the play of the game last night on that bunt and throw home. Crews probably could be hitting a little better but our last 5 games have been against top 5 and top 2 pitching staffs in the country, so naturally hits will drop off some.
Was it Ole Miss?
Morgans throw once replayed was a play any 1st baseman should have made, it was a clean play by both him and the catcher and given the situation it was good that no one messed it up. But any player should make that play.

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
Morgans throw once replayed was a play any 1st baseman should have made, it was a clean play by both him and the catcher and given the situation it was good that no one messed it up. But any player should make that play.
Lot harder than it looks. Tre Morgan is not your average first baseman. If it's not a perfect throw, that runner is safe. Game saving play

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
It ended with us whipping LSU's ***. So, if LSU wins that little exhibition going on over there in Omaha right now, we need to make sure we hang a banner.

That's what Ole Miss would do, anyway.
We'll send you one in the mail.
You guys should make rings and cups like A&M when they beat us in 2018 7OT game

• Haha

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What happened in 2009?

• The last (and final) baseball championship for LSU
  • The last (and final) football championship for Florida (yes Tebow was QB)

Sucks that 2023 you'll have to watch Florida dogpile in Omaha after paying for a roster that costs 5x what Florida's does.

July will be National Hug a Corndog month.
Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login