Not a great look

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Getting in and out of airports for charter flights is a breeze. You're usually not even in the same terminal as the peasants.
I got to fly on my old company's private jet one time and it was glorious. Went to the local airport and bait store and in the front door and out the back door and to the plane. Landed in an executive airport in Orlando. Walked in the back door and out the front door. No security. No pat downs. No screening of luggage. Nothing. I could have walked through with two rifles and a dirty bomb and nobody would have ever known.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I worked for one school that made the tourney. Charter flight is a whole different ballgame. We didn't even have to go inside the airport terminal on the way home, just pulled up to the tarmac, loaded on the plane and away we went. Same for NCAA FCS championship game. It's a breeze.

Reactions: patdog

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I worked for one school that made the tourney. Charter flight is a whole different ballgame. We didn't even have to go inside the airport terminal on the way home, just pulled up to the tarmac, loaded on the plane and away we went. Same for NCAA FCS championship game. It's a breeze.
They might want to at least have the Bama players go through a metal detector

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Getting in and out of airports for charter flights is a breeze. You're usually not even in the same terminal as the peasants.
You still have to go through the full TSA protocol if it's more than 60 people. State wrote an article about it before the Arizona trip.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I doubt there’s 60 people in a traveling party for a basketball team
It said they are taking families. By time you add them in, the president and his entourage, the AD and his entourage, and a few boosters, you are probably getting there.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I got to fly on my old company's private jet one time and it was glorious. Went to the local airport and bait store and in the front door and out the back door and to the plane. Landed in an executive airport in Orlando. Walked in the back door and out the front door. No security. No pat downs. No screening of luggage. Nothing. I could have walked through with two rifles and a dirty bomb and nobody would have ever known.
Had the chance a couple of times as well. Certainly a nice way to travel. There is first class, business class and charter but private is a whole different ball game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Had a client who was thinking about buying a company in Houston and I was put on the due diligence team. Same story. Getting off the plane and into our car at George Bush Intercontinental was about as much trouble as doing it at the Madison airport would be.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Less than 6 hours on a cushy bus vs the hassle of getting into and out of airports for an hour flight?... NCAA seems pretty reasonable here.
I’m guessing with a charter flight you don’t have to deal with much “airporting“

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
You still have to go through the full TSA protocol if it's more than 60 people. State wrote an article about it before the Arizona trip.
I know in the past for football they have been able to get TSA to come to the Seal Building and do everything before loading buses. Once that is done, they just bus straight to the tarmac and get on the plane.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login