Not again....Bulldogs of Ole Miss

msubullie4life

Jun 4, 2007
According to the CBS Sportsline bubblewatch..C'mon CBS!!

Let's get to the final four or win the whole damn..oops...darn thing. That way the media won't have this confusion for like maybe 3 months

www.sportsline.com/colleg...all/bubble

Try to ignore the conference mark and look at their overall credentials -- the Bulldogs have victories over five teams with strong NCAA Tournament resums. If they can knock off Arkansas, that'll be another good notch in the belt. They have some bad losses -- hello LSU -- but the good may outweigh the bad.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
No, if you win it all, they'll just present the trophy to the Mississippi Bulldogs or the Mississippi State Rebels. They'd probably even engrave your name incorrectly on the trophy.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Remember when RW bitched and moaned (rightfully so) about the hats that were passed out after winning the game that sent the Dawgs to the Final Four (I think it was that game). They had some **** like "Mississippi Bulldogs" stitched on the back.

Same ****...different decade.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
Dude, that was classic. Reporters came in and said "Your team has been categorized as a team that whines alot. What do you have to say about that?" RW's response: "We just made the Final Four - the Mecca of college basketball and you guys can't even get our damn name right." And RW proceeds to throw a hat at the reporters. Awesome.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Here's part of an article I found after a google search of "Richard Williams Mississippi State Final Four hat." It's been going on a long time:

Quote:_________________________________________________By any other name: Five days after Mississippi State Coach Richard Williams groused about a lack of respect for his program because Mississippi' was printed on the back of the Bulldogs' Final Four hats, public TV talker Charlie Rose referred to them on his show as "Memphis State." Twice._________________________________________________

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I must have missed that when that happened. I didn't know we were able to claim half of a Final Four appearance. Give me a <17>ing banner.

msubullie4life

Jun 4, 2007
Also, if we had won the NIT last year our merchandise would have been Missisippi State Rebels (notice the mis-spelled Mississippi) la West Virgina (T-shirt goof up of Virginia)

Edited: for West Virgina picture

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I'm just a random fan but I can keep all these teams and their mascots straight. I know that Oregon State are the Beavers while Oregon are the Ducks. I know that Cal are the Bears while Cal State Fullerton are the Titans. I know that Stanford are the Cardinal (no s) while Louisville are the Cardinals. Honestly, how hard is it to do a little fact checking to ensure you get a team and it's mascot correctly, particularly a major conference team?

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
And if you don't know the mascots, hell...just use the damn interweb and find out. If I managed a sports network of any type (newspaper, tv, radio), screwing up a team's mascot name would result in immediate termination.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login