Not gonna go over well in Lafayette County

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Matt Corral might have chosen a different college than Ole Miss if he had to do it over again.

"I took the easy way out because I felt I could play right away," Corral said on Tuesday as he reported to Wofford College for his first NFL training camp. "Knowing what I know now and trusting my work ethic, I would have [gone] to a place that would have made me compete."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tending-ole-miss-ponders-schools-made-compete

Feb 23, 2008
The spin machine is in full effect. They want to believe it's click bait.

I've read that quote in it's entirety 8 times and I can't find anything misleading. He says he wishes he'd gone somewhere else without saying I wish I'd gone somewhere else. Even bashed the whole QB room in the process. Just not enough competition for ol Matt.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Regardless, it worked out pretty well for both him and for Mississippi. I wish he had gone somewhere else.

Sep 15, 2009
SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Matt Corral might have chosen a different college than Ole Miss if he had to do it over again.

"I took the easy way out because I felt I could play right away," Corral said on Tuesday as he reported to Wofford College for his first NFL training camp. "Knowing what I know now and trusting my work ethic, I would have [gone] to a place that would have made me compete."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tending-ole-miss-ponders-schools-made-compete

I am surprised he hasn't tweeted out a "that was a misunderstanding and OM is the greatest place on earth" tweet yet

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Reflects immaturity and lack of judgment that will cause him problems at next level. I get his opinion that he could and should have played at a place with more competition in order to better hone his skills. That he had better opportunities is debatable. But whether true or not, the wiser move would have been to say: “I was given a great opportunity and did my best with it. That’s what I’m doing now and will demand the most from myself in trying to develop into the team’s leader.” But, alas, character and leadership are elusive qualities. I predict Corral follows the Mayfield trajectory. Don’t wish him anything but success.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
He's looking at it the wrong way. Bartoo talks about this all the time. He will be MUCH better prepared for the NFL by going to a place like Ole Miss (or any other have-not school) where he got to play early/often and had to learn how to carry his team. Same happened for Dak/Eli, countless others. While these Alabama hotshots continue to flame out.

It's not an exact science, but the numbers favor it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He's looking at it the wrong way. Bartoo talks about this all the time. He will be MUCH better prepared for the NFL by going to a place like Ole Miss (or any other have-not school) where he got to play early/often and had to learn how to carry his team. Same happened for Dak/Eli, countless others. While these Alabama hotshots continue to flame out.

It's not an exact science, but the numbers favor it.

Be interesting to see what Mac & Cheese Jones does in NE the year. Belicheat is high on him.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Be interesting to see what Mac & Cheese Jones does in NE the year. Belicheat is high on him.
I knew someone would bring up this exception to a very general rule. And even with him being an exception, he had to work incredibly hard and only got to play as a senior, so he 'kinda' developed those needed skills, albeit in a different way.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I think the quote says more about how poorly Kiffen prepared him for the next level than anything else to be honest. How is he not ready for the NFL if he received tutelage from such a great offensive genius?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think the quote says more about how poorly Kiffen prepared him for the next level than anything else to be honest. How is he not ready for the NFL if he received tutelage from such a great offensive genius?
When I heard the phrase "complete player" that was my thought too.

It kind of reminded me of Treadwell not knowing how to run routes.

Feb 23, 2008
Kiffin's offense is good at running the ball and solid offensive line play.

That's what makes it work. Fast up tempo quick hitters with misdirection. The offensive line part helped Corrall in the passing game giving him time to drop those big bombs. That's really all his passing skills were known for. He beat teams mostly with his feet and as we all know, that won't fly in the league.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login