Now 9-13, Just 17'n leave Polk...NOW........

Feb 23, 2008
I've had enough with this ****. I'd like to have about 5 mins. with fatass Ron and any of his followers (KB21, this means you.) This is an absulute embarrassment of a team and it's downright sickening to know there's not 1 damn thing we can do about changing things. Thanks LT, you sorry bastard. Thanks for gift wrapping a has been 6 years ago instead of conducting a real search (who am I kidding? this is LT). For the love of all that is holy, avoid DNF at all costs the remainder of the year. I want the players, coaches, and most importantly, administration to know how we feel about this shitastic cluster (17) of a team.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
That probably is the best thing you and anyone else can do- stay away from Dudy-Noble. It worked for Jackson State with Bell.

If we went with bags on our heads and had signs that had FIRE RON on them, I would not be surprised if the sheep launched some sort of twisted "holy war" in the stands. MSU fans fighting MSU fans. How crazy would that be.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
was one of the most absurd things I've heard.

That's another thing about Polk- he gets all down on himself and then goes to his croonies to tell him how good he is.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
is that kb21 guy still around? he has to be one of the biggest morons (in relation to sports knowledge) in the history of the world. jesus, i don't even know where to begin with him.

Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys, sorry for the rant....one of those post right after the last out kind of things. Seriously though, this is downright sad to watch. The worst part is we allegedly take baseball as "our sport" and have some of the greatest fans in the country but when it comes to actual production and results, we get nothing. It's like watching an all world athlete with 4.2 speed have no desire to run. Everything we have as far as resources are a total waste and it's just painful to watch right now. As for the actual problem itself, Polk hasn't done anything (last year's miracle aside) in nearly 20 years to garner the respect he once had so it's easy to say his coaching could easily be challenged but what about these guys putting on the uniform? Have they no shame? I mean, baseball's a pretty simple game. You could completely ignore coaching and be better than 9-13. As a lifelong diehard, not only State fan but especially State baseball fan, it's pretty sad to see the lack of pride in these players. Putting on that jersey is supposed to be an honor. There's no pride about these pups at all from where I see it.

Paper Dog

Feb 20, 2008
The only point I would debate is - Polk was hired back in 2002 - in the previous year he had taken Georgia to the overall SEC championship and the College World Series for the first time in 11 years

There was no reason not to bring Polk back at that time

However, that being said, all I can say now is <17>

B

BillBrasky10

About the rant, its not problem at all. You reflected how I feel about this "joke of a season". When you lose to teams out of conference that we have been pounding for years, it says something about your coach. Not about your team. I will be there this weekend and will most likely find a way to most of the remaining SEC home games because I like baseball, but this takes alot away from my last year at school here. I was in Omaha last year and I can remember thinking how great it was and how happy my dad (state alum) was to be able to take me there. I was also thinking how we had "turned things around finally" after all the years of misfortune. Now im thinking we will be lucky to have a winning record.</p>

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
It all goes on LT, Polk was renewed without any discussion. He told numerous people he walked in his office and the contract was laying on his desk. Same thing with Fanning. That is leadership in an AD isn't it!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login