Now that the Polk resignation is official.......

Oct 14, 2007
We NEED to hire Cohen. We need someone who is young and aggressive, someone who will refuse to settle for anything less than perfection. But if anyone can screw up this golden opportunity, it's dear old MState. God, I hope this wasn't a backroom deal b/w Polk & LT to force Raffo upon us.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
is very similar to Polk's, that he's been in charge of recruiting for a while, that he's been at MSU for some 15 years, and that he's never been the head of his own program.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
8Dog said:
is very similar to Polk's, that he's been in charge of recruiting for a while, that he's been at MSU for some 15 years, and that he's never been the head of his own program.

</p>...he's perfect.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
. . . if it's not so much what folks don't like about Raffo, but more what they do like about Cohen. What has Raffo proven about running a team, recruiting outside of MSU baseball camp, etc.? Cohen has shown he can carve diamonds out of cold, wet turds in bluegrass land. He tries to integrate technology into his coaching style and (from what I've heard) runs position meetings almost the way modern football coaches do. Wow, what concepts.

Raffo "could" make a fine coach, that goes without saying. But, with the connections MSU actually have to Cohen, would it make any sense not to look at his credentials and put them at least slightly above the familiarity that is Raffo?

Oct 14, 2007
and our hitting sucks. I hate our plate approach. I hate that not a single player during his time as hitting coach has a pair able to hit in the clutch/with bases loaded/etc. on a consistent basis. I know most if that you can't coach, but you can coach aggressiveness and none of our hitters are aggressive when it matters. The only exceptions during his time as batting coach are possibly Easley and Moreland. There is rumor of him changing the swings of players that don't need any more than maybe a little tweaking. He failed at spearheading our recruiting when he had the opportunity. If it weren't for Coach McNickle, we wouldn't be recruiting nationally aGAIN. I also hate the idea of hiring someone so closely connected to Polk who never proved himself as an assistant or HC somewhere else.

ArmyofDoggness

Mar 3, 2008
That is my beef. Hillcrest, Cozart, but especially Hillcrest which set the wheels in motion for UM to be top tier and able to compete head to head. That's one, I have more.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login