Now that we know that Crosswhite is hurt

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I'm going to go ahead and criticize Polk for putting pitchers out there that are injured. The man "wrote the book" and should know that a loss of velocity and control are tale tale signs of an injury in a pitcher. I kind of wondered this when I heard people talk about Crosswhite's mechanics, lack of stuff, and lack of control. It also explains how Crosswhite went from servicable to Adam Larson bad over the course of about 8 months.

So, I'm going to go ahead and make a not so bold prediction: Polk is going to shuffle the pitching staff and we're going to end up being OK, no matter what happens this weekend as we are kind of in flux right now. He's probably going to end up putting Forrest Moore in the weekend rotation, even though he doesn't want to, Pigott has pitched pretty well, and while Bowen has a horrible ERA, his last two outings were decent/average but I wouldn't be surprised if Lalor takes his spot. Also, I look for the midweek guys to be a combination of Lalor, Bowen, Swindle, or Wilson. Again, I know we were playing Mississippi Valley, but Swindle and Wilson pitched well enough to garner another look. Also, we are probably going to get Turner and Weatherford back pretty soon.

I'm saying all of this now before the impending sweep by Ole Miss this weekend.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Todd4State said:
So, I'm going to go ahead and make a not so bold prediction: Polk is going to shuffle the pitching staff and we're going to end up being OK.

Yeah. Because if there's one thing Polk is known for, it's his ability to manage a pitching staff.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login